Monday, January 17, 2011

Excellent book for your pleasure

Title: My Mommy Hung the Moon: A love Story

Author: Jamie Lee Curtis
Illustrator: Laura Cornell
Ages: 4-8



This book is hot off the press. Jamie Lee Curtis says her children inspire her daily but this latest book idea came from a friend. Her friend was talking about some problems she had and then she said, “Although I have these problems I have a husband that loves me and my children think that I hung the moon.” Curtis thought, “Well of course a child should think their mommy hung the moon,” and she was off and running with a new inspired book. This awesome book imaginatively spins the tale of the motherly bond, as seen through the eyes of a child. It is a celebration of unconditional love and a keepsake that defines that magical relationship. It exposes the magic of a mother’s love towards her very special child whether male or female.

Other books by this author are: Books to Grow By, Big Words for Little People, Is There Really a Human Race, It’s Hard to Be Five, I’m Gonne Like Me, Today I feel Silly and Other Moods that Make My Day, When I was Little, Where do Balloons go?, and the last one, Tell Me Again About the Night I was Born. All her books are extremely popular and #1 New York Times bestsellers. I am highlighting another one of my favorites written by her for your own personal book collection or to give as a gift.

You will love this book. The title says it all. Buy two copies and give one to a new mom. A gift to treasure in her heart.

No comments: