Monday, April 1, 2013

April is National Poetry Month!



What is poetry?

According to Robert Frost:

            " Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words."

or he states:

       "A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness."

I will be weaving poetry throughout my book reviews and tips this month.  There are so many creative, inspiring poets out there that need a platform to be heard.  Some will land on this blog and we can celebrate the wonderful sense of poetic language here together.  Here are few poems to kick off this month.


Green Door
by
Mary Lee Hahn


I’m searching for
the green door.
Behind it, stashed,
is spring warmth.

Behind the green
door flowers bloom,
sun is shining,
no more gloom

of grey cloud skies
and winter snow,
of ice and slush
and frozen toes.

When I find the
door I’ll fling
it open wide and
in we’ll spring.


©2013 Mary Lee Hahn. All rights reserved. 









 Send me some of your favourite poets or one of your very poems and I will publish it here so others can enjoy!

Read always and read on....in rhyme.

No comments: