Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Storywraps - a rebus



re·bus
ˈrēbəs/
noun
 *a puzzle in which words are represented by combinations of pictures and individual letters; for instance, apex might be represented by a picture of an ape followed by a letter X.

  1. * a story enhanced by pictures instead of words


    Welcome to Storywraps today.  I am going to tell you about a new feature here on my blog.  Ready to absorb?  






    Yep, that's me! 



    Glad you are here with me and just gearing you up for a "hump day" exclusive.  Storywraps is growing bigger every day and so many things are happening in and outside of my blog.  "Things" that I am so grateful for and humbled by. 




    Unwrapping the "Things"...



    * Setting up fun and inspiring interviews with authors and others





    * Procuring talented authors to trust me with their work





    * Highlighting awe-inspiring, creative illustrators to enjoy





    *  Copious phone calls to publishers and book affiliates

                                                      




    Ok.... my phone is not that archaic  






    *  Endless emails and texts 







    * Reading the books sent out to me, preparing and posting my reviews







    Sometimes a soothing cup of tea turns into a calming glass of chilled white wine sipped on my back porch or in my garden in the evening. ( yes I do have green grapes growing in my backyard)






    * And let's not forget







    I think you get the picture... my blog is  growing and I'm loving it.   So therefore I am hereby declaring that my Wednesdays not be a book review day (by me) but as an admin day so I will be able to produce better content and ideas thus creating an even better blog for you to enjoy.  

    I want to use Social Media more, visit other blogs and leave comments, and get my ducks in a row.  I am hoping to ask many of the great authors who so kindly allowed me to review their "babies" if they would do guest posts for me.  If you authors do not hear from me directly and would like to do a post please contact me via my email address below and I would love to chat with you.  

    My vision is to turn this space on Wednesdays into an open mic forum for others passionate about kid's picture books.  Guests can talk about kid-book related things which will open up the possibilities of my blog even more.  I would love that people not only get an opportunity to leave comments but also have a voice in the content too. Submissions would be emailed to me for consideration then I would proceed from there.  Also include a short bio and pic and the books you have published so our readers would get a chance to check them out.   All pre-done by you so I just have to get it up in the early morning.  Please do not feel obligated to use my format. If you have any ingenious ideas of your own feel free to use them.  Let's sparkle this puppy. 

    Anyhow that's my plan....a working Wednesday for me and still a great spot for you to land and participate in.  As everyone comes together our community will grow even more and please know you will certainly rescue me from....a bookalanche!






    Comments, thoughts and submissions gratefully received.
    Have an amazing Wednesday everyone. We can make this happen. Let's grow Storywraps together.



    Read on and read always!

    It's a wrap.


    Please contact me at storywrapsblog@gmail.com

No comments: