Saturday, June 3, 2017

12-Year Old Wins 2017 Scripps National Spelling Bee - ESPN (June 1, 2017) - an info wrap











"12-year old Ananya Vinay spelled "marocain" correctly to win the 90th annual Scripps National Spelling Bee."








We've all been there, done that... how is that word spelled and off we go to the dictionary to find the correct spelling.  Even the smartest person in the world needs to make that trip to the book to verify the correct placement of those letters.  From errors like "covfefe" to home-grown words like "supercalifragilisiticexpialidociious", it's a given that language and spelling it can be a difficult task.  

I ran into this article and thought it would be fun to pass on.  I am not picking on the USA because every country could be featured I'm sure. This is courtesy of Mahogany Turner-Francis at www.bookstr.com.  I think you will find it interesting.  I have trouble spelling some of words too.  







In honour of Spelling Bee week, Google Trends tweeted out a infographic map detailing the most misspelled words in America by State.  




Here Are 50 of the Most Misspelled Words by State









Let's take a closer look:


Alabama - pneumonia 
Alaska - schedule 
Arizona - tomorrow
Arkansas - chihuahua 
California - beautiful 
Colorado - tomorrow
Connecticut - supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Delaware - hallelujah 
Florida - receipt 
Georgia - gray
Hawaii - people
Idaho - quote
Illinois - appreciate
Indiana - hallelujah 
Iowa - vacuum
Kansas - diamond
Kentucky - beautiful 
Louisiana - giraffe 
Maine - pneumonia 
Maryland - special
Massachusetts - license
Michigan - pneumonia 
Minnesota - beautiful
Mississippi - nanny 
Missouri - maintenance 
Montana - surprise 
Nebraska - suspicious 
Nevada - available 
New Hampshire 
New Jersey - twelve
New Mexico - banana 
New York - beautiful 
North Carolina - angel
North Dakota - dilemma 
Ohio - beautiful 
Oklahoma - patient 
Oregon - sense
Pennsylvania - sauerkraut 
Rhode Island - liar
South Carolina - chihuahua
South Dakota - college 
Tennessee - chaos 
Texas - maintenance 
Utah - disease 
Vermont - diarrhea 
Virginia - delicious
Washington - pneumonia 
West Virginia - supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Wisconsin - Wisconsin 
Wyoming - priority

Honorable mention: 

Washington D.C. - ninety (yes, there's a spelling error in the spelling error infographic)











From Me....










Enjoy your weekend everyone!  See you back here again on Monday.  I am excited every single day to get up and share great kid's books with you.  With the response of visitors to Storywraps it seems you enjoy your visits with me too.  My numbers are exploding and increasing beyond my wildest expectations.  Thank you so much to all my faithful readers who land here and share my enthusiasm for outstanding kid's books I am so privileged to review. I am in awe of  the gifted authors and illustrations that are featured here.  They are an exceptional group of people and so kind and quick to give me positive feedback and shoutouts via their Social Media contacts.  I am humbled and very grateful to you for making Storywraps such a great success.  Blessings.




Follow me  



*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the bottom of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on and read always!
It's a wrap.


No comments: