Monday, January 1, 2018

A brand new year has begun - a funwrap for New Year's Day!








Happy New Year 2018!!


Both kids and adults excitedly participate in the New Year activities.  They get involved with their whole hearts knowing a brand new year is about to begin. Families and friends enjoy cultural events and wait for that clock on New Year's Eve to strike 12. A new year is ushered in with all it's possibilities. 

Kids often celebrate by exchanging pretty gifts and greeting cards to one another.  Tucked in these cards and notes are words that inspire and bring hope of great things to come in the future.  

I have collected some New Year poems to share with your little ones. Poetry is a fun and creative way to spread cheer no matter what the occasion or season.  Enjoy.







Hooray! Hooray! It’s New Year’s Day

Hooray! Hooray! It’s New Year’s Day!
The day we start anew.
So this year I’ve decided
to become a kangaroo.
Or maybe I will learn to fly,
or how to walk through walls,
or how to turn invisible,
or surf on waterfalls.
I’ll make myself elastic
and I’ll teach myself to shrink.
I’ll turn into a liquid
and I’ll pour me down the sink.
I’ll visit other planets
and meet aliens galore.
I’ll travel to the distant past
and ride a dinosaur.
I’ve got so many wondrous plans.
I’m starting right away.
Yes, this will be the best year yet.
Hooray! It’s New Year’s Day!

 --Kenn Nesbitt
Copyright © 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Reading Level: Grade 2




Let us try to be good and content,
Kind to each other,
Healthy and gentle and brave,
Obedient to Mother.
For of such were the heroes of old –
Patient in learning,
Seldom rude, seldom cross, never cruel,

From the truth never turning.

-- A. E. and M. Keary




Happy New Year to you!

May every great new day
Bring you sweet surprises–
A happiness buffet.
Happy New Year to you,
And when the new year’s done,
May the next year be even better,
Full of pleasure, joy and fun.

– Anonymous



New Year 

A year to be glad in, 
And not to be sad in, 
To gain in, to give in, 
A happy new year. 
A new year for trying,
 And never for sighing, 
A new year to live in, 
Oh, hold it most dear.

--Author Unknown 


January 


January opens 
The box of the year 
And brings out days 
That are bright and clear. 
And brings out days 
That are cold and gray, 
And shouts, "Come see 
What I brought today!”

-- By Leland B. Jacobs 





Happy New Year To Everybody 


A starry night
Heaven kisses the earth
One year disappears
The night is going to burst

A newborn year, is waiting for us
The earth breathes with calm heart rate
Days come and days go
Make it a peaceful year

Where paper and pens are magic
Thank you for your smile and tears
and many good moments

Happy New Year to everybody




HAPPY NEW


Joe yelled, “Happy New Year.”
The cow yelled, “Happy Moo Year.”
The ghost yelled, “Happy Boo Year.”
The doctor yelled, “Happy Flu Year.”
The penguin sneezed, “Happy Ah-choo Year.”
The skunk yelled, “Happy Pee-yoo Year.”
The owl hooted, “Happy Too-woo Year.”
The cowboy yelled, “Happy Yahoo Year.”
The trainman yelled, “Happy Choo-choo year.”
The clock man yelled, “Happy Cuckoo Year.”
The barefoot man yelled, “Happy Shoe Year.”
The hungry man said, “Happy Chew Year.”
There were more “Happy Ooo-Years”
Than you ever heard
At our New Year’s party…
Last June twenty-third.


--by Shel Silverstein (1930-1999)


“Happy New” appears in Shel Silverstein‘s posthumous collection Everything on It (HarperCollins, 2011), available at Amazon.com.





Follow Storywraps


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 

Read on!
Read always!




No comments: