Friday, February 15, 2019

"My Cat Looks Like My Dad" - a bookwrap












Unwrapping 






My Cat Looks Like My Dad
by Thao Lam


* Ages: 3-7
* Grade Level: PS-2
* Hardcover: 32 pages
* Publisher: Owlkids
* Pub. Date: April 15, 2019
* Language: English



Unwrapping some gorgeous pictures

























Unwrapping the story





What is a family you may ask?  Defining family can be a tough thing as the word “family” alone is a powerful word that conjures up multiple different meanings and emotions. ... Some might say a family can be anything that involves love. 

New from the creator of "Wallpaper and Skunk on a String" this delightful book redefines the typical family.  Dad and his beloved cat share special bonds.  Their grand orange coifs of hair are quite similar, they both love lapping up milk, they enjoy yoga stretches, napping together, and entertaining musical interludes woven throughout their day.  Mom, on the other hand, has a completely different relationship with a certain avian who has similar funky hair, piercing crystal blue eyes and that loves to bust a move with her. 

A surprising twist at the end of the story will spark giggles as it exposes just who is narrating this fun, witty tale.  The stunning paper - collage illustrations bring warmth and life to the meaning of the minimal text and highlight a beautiful cameo of a modern day family for you to enjoy.  Highly recommended.  





Storywraps Rating - 5+++ HUGS!!!!!







Meet the very talented author/illustrator








THAO LAM is the critically acclaimed author/illustrator of Wallpaper and Skunk on a String. She studied illustration at Sheridan College and has an insatiable love of colored and textured papers, which she uses to create her exuberant collages. She draws inspiration from the stories she hears, from the beauty in everyday things, and from the work of the many illustrators she admires. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.




Follow Storywraps








*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... "Ko-Fi".  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: