Wednesday, February 13, 2019

"My Mom Always Looks After Me So Much! - a bookwrap






Unwrapping






My Mom Always Looks After Me So Much 

Authored by Sean Taylor
Illustrated by David Barrow



* Ages:  3-7
* Grade Levels:  PS-2
* Hardcover
* Publisher:   Quarto Publishing Group - Frances Lincoln Children's Books
* Pub. Date:  Feb. 5, 2019





Unwrapping some fabulous illustrations for you


























Unwrapping the book


This delightful book stars adorable Little Gorilla and his reaction to a trip to the doctor with his mom to get a shot.  She is always looking out for his health and well-being because she loves him so.  Mom makes sure he eats his broccoli, that he dons an extra sweater if he sneezes, and now makes sure he attends his doctor's appointment to get immunized.   

The simple sentences and rich detailed illustrations marry together to make a funny, heart-warming picture book that young readers will enjoy.  

His doctor tells him a joke, gives him a jab and then offers him a juicy strawberry candy for being so brave.  Little Gorilla can't be happier.  An unfortunate mishap occurs when the two exit their bus making Little Gorilla very upset.  He mistakenly leaves his yummy piece of candy on board and is very distressed that it is gone.  Can Mom fix the problem? Yes, I'm sure she can.  Mom always looks after her little guy so much!  She knows exactly how to solve the problem and how to set Little Gorilla's world on happy-mode once again.  Hurray for Mom! 

The story highlights the special bond between an adoring mom and her precious son.  The book flows with loving actions between the two that result in warm, fuzzy feelings for the reader to experience as the book is shared.  I highly recommend it. 


Storywarps Rating - 5 HUGS!!!!!








Meet the author





Sean Taylor is a British children’s author, storyteller and teacher. Sean has taught in three continents and draws from his experience in creative writing and poetry to enchant and educate young audiences.
Sean Taylor grew up in a small town in Surrey, England. “I lived in a big, quiet house with tall trees around it which, I suppose, gave me some space to think.”
“I loved stories as a boy. I imagined everyone’s dad read Treasure Island to them, and everyone’s mum would take them to the bookshop and say, “Choose two books you like.” Now I realize I was very lucky to have parents like that.”
After he finished school Sean worked as a secondary teacher in Zimbabwe before completing an English Literature degree at Cambridge University.

He lives with his wife Adriana and two sons Joey and Rafael. They spend some time in England and some in Sao Paulo, Brazil where Adriana is from.






About the illustrator 





David Barrow spent his happiest hours in the elementary school library. It was there he read books about famous people and learned how to draw. After working as a graphic designer, camera man, and video editor, Barrow embarked on his lifelong dream of illustrating children's books.

David has been a shelf-stacker, a library assistant, a call-centre worker, a civil servant and a printer, so obviously it was only a matter of time before he tried his hand at writing and illustrating children’s books. He joined the world-renowned Children’s Book Illustration MA at Anglia Ruskin CSA. It turns out he actually found it a lot harder than all of the above, but ultimately a lot more rewarding.
Whilst on the course, David won the Sebastian Walker award for new talent in children’s book illustration at his degree show and was shortlisted for the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize. He lives in Kettering with his toughest critics: partner Jo, son Teddy and cat Sofia.





Follow Storywraps







*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... "Ko-Fi".  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 



Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: