Wednesday, April 10, 2019

"Untitled" - a bookwrap











Looks like Ignatz and Carlos are hanging out and waiting for something or someone.  I wonder what's up?  



Unwrapping 






"Untitled" 
written and illustrated by Timothy Young



* Age Range:  5-8
* Grade Level:  K-3
* Hardcover:  40 pages
* Publisher:  Schiffer; 1 edition
* Pub. Date:  May 28, 2019
* Language:  English



Unwrapping some fantastic illustrations for you















Unwrapping the story




I love the books created by Timothy Young.  I think we both have the same sense of humour and I always look forward to his newest endeavour.   

"Untitled", is a quirky title that draws you into the book. It gets readers engaged right from front the cover.  Strange title eh?  Mmmmmm.... I wonder what that's all about?   

A coatimundi (Carlos)  and a capybara ( Ignatz) drive the narrative by discussing the limitations of the author's prowess.   They discuss how the book has no plot or sense of adventure and suggest ways that they might write the story to make it exciting and really fun if it was up to them.  They imagine battling dragons, monsters, or aliens. They think that if the author makes them cowboys and sets the story in the Old West that would be really cool. Or how about an undersea adventure? That would be super awesome!


The friends sit and wait for the author to get on with it.  What's he doing? What's taking him so long?  Ignatz admits boredom so far and with the lame title, "Untitled",  the duo can't even guess what the storyline will be.  Oh my!  Silly author, he probably has not written a whole paragraph in his life and here they are waiting forever and at his mercy.  

The illustrations are brilliant and the fun twist at the end begs for a sequel.  I love that the author includes a tribute to beloved children's books with Ignaz and Carlos substituting for the original cast.  It would be interesting to seek out the master copies and read them also - a new adventure for kids, and a trip down memory lane for an adult.  This is a witty, humorous book that will tickle the funny bone of both young and old alike and is highly recommended.  Another winner by Timothy Young. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!






Meet the author/illustrator




Timothy Young has had a long career doing all kinds of interesting and fun stuff. He’s been an animator, puppet maker, toy designer, sculptor, art director and graphic designer. His career highlights include being a head model-maker for Pee-Wee’s Playhouse, designing and building Muppets for Jim Henson Productions and sculpting the first Simpsons toys.
Tim is the author/illustrator of 8 picture books including "I’m Going To Outer Space!", "Do Not Open The Box", "The Angry Little Puffin" and the highly acclaimed "I Hate Picture Books!". His latest picture book is "If You Give the Puffin a Muffin". He has also written and illustrated two how-to-draw books, "Creatures and Characters: Drawing Amazing Monsters, Aliens and Other Weird Things" and "More Creatures and Characters: Drawing Awesomely Wild, Wacky and Funny Animals". He has also illustrated for other authors. 
His favorite part of being an author is traveling to schools and talking to kids about his books. If you'd like to find out how to have him visit your school, his website is easy to find by searching his name.






Follow Storywraps









*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... "Ko-Fi".  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun, and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: