Thursday, June 27, 2019

When I Coloured In The World - a bookwrap












Unwrapping





"When I Coloured in the World"

Authored by Ahmadreza Ahmadi
Illustrated by Ehsan Abdollahi
Translated by Anita Rassi


* Ages:  4-9
* Grade Level:  PS-4
* Hardcover:  32 pages
* Publisher:  first published in Persia in 2010 by Nazar Publisher; this edition, Tiny Owl Publishing Ltd.
 * Publishing Date:  April 30, 2015
* Language:  English



Unwrapping some wonderful illustrations for you to enjoy


















Unwrapping the Story





This simple story has a very powerful message.  A child is given a box of crayons by his mom and an eraser to rub things out with.  He takes his rainbow of colours and rewrites words that are dark and foreboding and changes them into bright colourful words of optimism and happiness. 

The child chooses colours that mend, heal, and bring hope... totally transforming the world.  He spreads bright colour everywhere.  

" war
I rubbed out the word war.
I got my light blue crayon and I wrote peace with it.

Light blue
Peace

All over the world news came from 
radios saying that all the wars had stopped.
After that news, the radios played such lovely
music that flowers bloomed in empty vases.

I gave the world light blue." 


The new fresh colours inspire people to laugh, dance, accept each other just as they are, and the world to blossom and the hungry to be fed, just to name a few.  

" illness
I rubbed out the world illness.
I got my pink crayon, and I wrote health instead.

Pink
Health

All over the world people who had been ill were
suddenly well!  They ran with their friends and
were happy.

I gave the world pink. " 

I love this poetic book.  It is thoughtful and inspiring.  The illustrations are vibrant and colourful.  They draw the reader into the story.  "When I Colored in the World"  provokes conversations about how we can change and make the world a better place.  I highly recommend this book to readers of all ages.  




Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!







About the Creators of Book









The Author
Ahmadreza Ahmadi is a highly acclaimed contemporary poet and screenwriter from Iran. He writes for both adults and children. He was nominated for a Hans Christian Andersen award in 2010.



















The Illustrator
Ehsan Abdollahi is a respected children’s book illustrator and lecturer at the Tehran University of Art, Iran. He has illustrated two picture books published by Tiny Owl, When I Coloured in the World and A Bottle of Happiness.





















The Translator
Azita Rassi translates from Persian into English. She has translated eight children’s titles for Tiny Owl. She lives in Malaysia.








Follow Storywraps





*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 

💜💜💜


No comments: