Friday, October 25, 2019

"Frank and Bean" - a bookwrap










Opposites do attract! 


Unwrapping






Authored by Jamie Michalak
Illustrated by Bob Kolar


* Ages:  5-8
* Grades:  K-3
* Hardcover:  48 pages
* Publisher:  Candlewick
* Pub. Date:  October 8, 2019
* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Fun Illustrations for You 

















Unwrapping the Book 



This fun book is divided into four chapters and is perfect for a beginning reader.  Frank is a quiet introvert who covets his secret notebook.  He loves to be alone so he can compose his thoughts and ideas in private.  Bean, on the other hand, is a  LOUD musician who loves to BLAST his trumpet, BEAT is drums, STRIKE his triangle, RRRROAR on his motorbike and BANG on his gong.  What happens when theses total opposites find themselves camping out side-by-side.  Oh my! 

Frank is annoyed at the audacity of Bean who continually  interferes with the quiet, calm, meditative life he desires to pursue.   How dare Bean be so unbearably loud when Frank needs alone time to think and write in his sacred notebook with no disruptions.  

Although Bean has his instrumental musical skills there is one skill that he is lacking... he cannot adequately compose lyrics to his music.  Frank has stockpiled tons of words.  He is frightened to share them with anyone so they lay dormant in his secret notebook with no place to go and nobody to hear them.  Could the two perhaps help each other out and blend their talents so each would have a creative outlet that is meaningful, not to mention, fulfilling for both of them?  

This humourous tale will have kids engaged from the very first page.  The illustrations are witty and expressive. They enrich the text greatly.  Young and old will fall in love with Frank and Bean and their harmonious friendship.  I highly recommend this book.




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS ++!!!!!





Meet the Author








Jamie Michalak is the author of more than thirty children's books, including the highly praised Joe and Sparky series of early readers and SO YOU WANT TO CATCH BIGFOOT? 

When not writing, she can be found racing cars, walking planks, or riding in the Millennium Falcon with her two sons. Jamie was born in Springfield, Massachusetts, and grew up in the same neighborhood where Dr. Seuss once lived. She now resides in Barrington, Rhode Island. 







About the Illustrator







Hello, I'm Bob. My job is to make fun stuff for kids. I start out with stories and they usually turn into books, sometimes toys, occasionally a TV show. I grew up in a little town outside of Cleveland called Grafton, Ohio. I studied at Columbus College of Art & Design and Syracuse University. Growing up I watched cartoons and dreamed I'd become a farmer, jungle guide, race car driver, paleontologist, or astronaut (depending on the day). Being a children's book creator has been the next best thing.








Follow Storywraps








*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button...  ko-fi.com  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 

💜💜💜


No comments: