Thursday, October 10, 2019

"MY FAVORITE IS U" - a bookwrap










Come take a look!  It's a new alphabet book that is both entertaining and educational.  It's a fun book to share with your favorite little ones! 


Unwrapping 





"MY FAVORITE IS U"

Authored by N. D. Byma
Illustrated by Jason Heglund


* Age:  2-5
* Grade Level:  PS+
* Publisher:  N.D. Byme
* Pub. Date:  Oct. 15, 2019
* Length:  10 pages



Unwrapping Some Exceptionally Fun Illustrations




















Unwrapping the Book




This alphabet book is packed full of activity and fun!   Here is an excerpt for you:  

"A is Amazing     B is Brave    C searches for Clues
But all that aside, I prefer my time adventuring with U." 

"D is Dapper    E is Elegant    F is Fancy too
In spite of them all, I'd have a ball dressing up with U."

Each cluster of letters display different themes such as: feelings and emotions,  fast-paced action words, preparing foods to enjoy,  participating in sports, and indulging in the artistry of music just to name a few.  There is lots of opportunity to expand vocabulary skills, to practice the repetition of the letters and for discussion. The greatest thing of all however, is when the author pedals back to the fact that although all these things are wonderful nothing can compare with spending time with U.  The reader discovers throughout the book that the letter "U" is really an ancronym for "You" -  the beloved special one that the book is being shared with.  

The illustrations are extremely creative as the illustrator uses the shape of each letter as the frame then draws delightful characters around each one allowing the letters to come alive and burst with personality.  Impressive.

The poverty of the alphabet is transformed into the richness of words allowing kids to know that they are truly awesome!  I highly recommend this book.  



Storywraps Rating - 5+++ HUGS!!!!!









Meet the Author







N.D. Byma is a writer and storyteller from Beaverton, Oregon with a passion for creating stories that speak to both children and adults at the same time. 
His books can be found in churches, schools, libraries, hospitals and other locations around the country.


N.D. Byma was raised in a small town that most people haven't heard of. He spent nearly all his years from birth to 28 in this quiet Northwest Washington town before he and his wife quit their jobs in 2010 and moved to the suburbs of Portland, Oregon in search of a new adventure. 

After settling down in Oregon, N.D. discovered a passion for writing and hasn't stopped since. His highly reviewed picture books include King Boogie, The Letter, Rahley the Silent Slug and The Rock that Rolled Across the Ocean with many more to come. He also writes a monthly online comic strip titled Slightly Askew.


N.D. writes books with the sincere desire to tell his readers that they are truly special no matter who they are. His books can be found in hospitals, libraries, churches, schools and other organizations around the country because everyone deserves to be told "Hey you, you're awesome!"






About the Illustrator 





My name is Jason Heglund and I’m a native-born Portlander living in Portland, Oregon, which is a fairly rare thing these days. I spend my days designing and illustrating for great people with fun stories to tell. Sometimes these stories involve creating brand identities, sometimes it’s infographics and other times it children’s books. No matter what the project is, each one has a story to tell.
How did it all begin? Well, technically it all started when I was a kid. I used to draw all the time. I remember drawing batman, ninja turtles and fun stick-man wars constantly. My parents used to enjoy watching me draw because my tongue would whip out my mouth and move like it had a mind of it’s own while I drew. When I got into high school, my drawing slowed down significantly while I explored other things like painting, shop class and rollerblading. This was also the point in my life when I discovered the awesomeness of graphic design. Specifically, music packaging. That grabbed hold of me and I followed it through college where I rediscovered my love of drawing. Since then, I’ve held multiple internships and an in-house designer position for about 4 years. In 2016, I decided to chart my own course and have been working for myself since. I’m currently living in Hillsboro with my wife, 2 daughters and 2 cats.




Follow Storywraps






*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button...  ko-fi.com.  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


No comments: