Monday, August 31, 2020

"I Love You Grandma" - a bookwrap










Unwrapping 





I Love You, Grandma

Created by Ruth Wielockx


* Ages:  0-PS
* Reading Level:  1-3
* Board Book:  12 pages
* Publisher:  Clavis
* Pub. Date:  August 18, 2020
* Language:  English


Praise

"A book for very little children. Just a fun and loving book about the relationship between a grandma and a child (there's another book in this «collection» with the grandpa). I like the effort put into building vocabulary. Simply done, but perfectly executed!" - Etienne Breton (educator)

"I love you, Grandma, by Ruth Wielockx. I love the book I am always looking for books to read to my granddaughter Kaylee who is almost three months old. This is such a sweet little book. I think she would love to hear this story. She already hums song with my daughter." - Dana Wright

"This is a cute book of fun bonding activities to do with grandma. It's perfect for young children. I especially love that this grandma book has a different story than the companion book for grandpa." - Pamela dove


Unwrapping Some Illustrations For You to Enjoy














The Book




This book is sweetness overload!  The vibe? ... heartwarming.  It expresses so beautifully the love expressed between a grandmother and her grandchild.  It displays scenarios where the two interact lovingly by:  waving, dancing, reading and building bricks together, just to name a few.  

When shared the book will build emotional security and a solid confidence that the wee one is truly loved unconditionally.  The illustrations are adorable.  The text is simple and the book is short enabling it to be shared over and over again.  Later on as the child grows he will be able to read it by himself.  

This is a follow-up to "I Love Grandpa" both recommended to celebrate Grandparent's Day September 13th, 2020.  I highly recommend both books. 




Storywraps Rating:  5 +++ HUGS!






Meet the Author





Who would have thought Ruth Wielockx was going to be a writer and illustrator of children’s books? She herself least of all! She studied Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Leuven and Southampton. She also got a degree in teaching and worked as a teacher for a while. When she spent a year in the United States in 2000, because of the work of her husband, she started to look for something to occupy herself. She took a course in aquarelle at the local arts academy. Ruth found out she really liked drawing and painting. This discovery in combination with the fact that she had always loved books, made her start to think about her own children’s book. Still years of doubt followed, but when you see the amount of books she has made and the reputation she has won, it is unbelievable she would have been doing something else than writing and illustrating children’s books.  Find me on: https://www.facebook.com/RuthWielockxPicturebooks, https://twitter.com/RuthWielockx and https://www.instagram.com/ruth.wielockx





Follow Storywraps








*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca
*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps

I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  
I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   

Read on.....Read always!
It's a wrap! 


πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


No comments: