Monday, October 26, 2020

"It Will Be Ok" - a bookwrap



Featuring








Please meet Giraffe.  He suffers from arachnophobia.  What in the world is that?  This is his story. 



Unwrapping 





It Will Be OK: A story of empathy, kindness, and friendship



* Ages: 4-7
* Grade Level:  PS-2
* Picture Book:  40 pages
* Publisher:  Sourcebooks, Inc. 
* Pub. Date:  Feb. 2, 2021
* Language:  English 




Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You


















The Book



Giraffe and Zebra are best friends.  Each afternoon they walk to the watering hole together.  Today Giraffe has disappeared and Zebra is missing his friend.  Off he goes to discover where his friend may be.  


He calls out for giraffe and twists this way and that but can't find him anywhere.  He then hears a small strained little voice...


"Up here," Giraffe sighed.


Giraffe is way up high sitting in a tree.  How in the world did he get up there and why is he up there? 


Something has frightened poor Giraffe badly and he scrambles up a tree to save himself from some apparent danger.  


This is a sweet story of friendship that exposes the power of friends, kindness, and empathy.  It is a thoughtful story about how friends help you face your fears - no matter how silly they may seem.  I love the exposure of how a true friendship displays a strong bond of caring and love no matter what.  


The illustrations are colourful, expressive and enrich the story greatly. I love the book and I highly recommend it.  



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 





Meet the Author





Growing up as the youngest of eight children, I had a vast imagination to keep me busy. I began my writing journey in third grade with an innocent creative writing assignment set in a haunted house. After 20 minutes had passed, and it was time for social studies or some other such nonsense, I told my teacher I hadn't finished my story and had much more to say. "Well, keep writing then," Mrs. Nagratski said. She let me ignore the rest of the day's assignments and focus on my writing. I haven't stopped since.


Many years later, trying to make my writing passion legitimate, I obtained a bachelor's degree in Journalism and embarked on a career as a technical writer. But I continued to pursue my love of writing. I took every creative writing class I could get my hands on. I started writing short stories, then dove into novels. I took a little pause when my kids were born, and then moved into writing picture books. I also write articles, mostly kid-focused, and personal essays about motherhood.


I live in La Grange, IL in a hundred-year-old Victorian house with sloping hardwood floors, glass doorknobs, and the tiniest bathroom you've ever seen. I have a great husband and amazing boy-girl twins. I'm an active member of SCBWI, where I volunteer as the Social Media Coordinator for the SCBWI-Illinois region. I work part-time as a technical writing consultant to fund my writing conference habit. I am represented by Wendi Gu of Sanford J. Greenburger Associates.



About the Illustrator




Jaclyn Sinquett grew up playing in her dad’s garden, feeding worms to box turtles and tossing french fries to seagulls at the Jersey shore. She now spends her time painting shells with her little daughter, dancing in the living room with her husband, and illustrating books for children. Her favorite color is yellow ochre.


Jaclyn received her BFA in Illustration from the University of the Arts in 2008. She is an active member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, and is proud to be represented by Christy Tugeau Ewers at the CAT Agency.



Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 



💜💜💜






No comments: