Friday, October 16, 2020

"This is Frog" - a bookwrap

 

Featuring








Meet an adorable little frog from the rainforest...not this one but...



Unwrapping 






This is Frog: A whopping, hopping, non-stopping interactive book 




* Ages:  3-5

* Hardcover:  48 pages

Publisher:  Caterpillar Books

* Pub. Date:  July 11, 2019

* Reading Level:  3-6 years

* Language:  English




Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You



















The Book


This is an especially fun book that small kids will love.  Frog actually is a tree frog and an adorable character.  The narrator asks the reader to interact with him as he bounces about his rainforest.  


The kids are prompted to blow on frog, stick out their tongue, run their fingers up the page, cheer, croak, pull the book towards them and move a leaf over to camouflage frog from danger,  just to mention a few.  How fun is that? Kids will eat it up I'm sure. 


I suggest that the book be shared on a one-to-one bases to get the full impact and enjoyment that the author intends.  The illustrations are big, bold, colourful and vibrant and filled with lots of personality and humour.  I highly recommend this book.  It definitely will be a winner and want to be read again and again.  Fantastic! 


Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 




Meet the Author



Harriet Evans works in children's publishing and spends her days researching cool animal facts, imagining awesome adventures and drinking copious amounts of tea.



About the Illustrator





Jacqui Lee is an illustrator and designer currently based in London. She loves the look of watercolour and gouache so uses them often in her work. Her illustrations are bright, playful and aim to bring a smile to your face.


Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 


πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: