Thursday, November 5, 2020

"Stop that Virus" - a bookwrap

 


Featuring





Unwrapping 




"Stop That Virus!" 

Illustrated by Susanna Rumiz


Specs


* Ages:  3-7

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Board book:  14 pages

* Publisher:  words & pictures

* Pub. date:  Nov. 10, 2020

* Language:  English



Editorial Review



'An interesting and informative look at how the immune system works.'

- Absolutely Mama




Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You





















The Book


This book is so relevant right now with COVID19 invading our lives and bodies.  It exposes the truth about the virus that is causing so much pain and grief all around the world! Kid's lives have changed drastically because of this dangerous virus and this book will explain to them in simple terms, enriched by bold cartoon-like illustrations, what is happening. 


What is a virus?  "Viruses are microscopic parasites that lack the capacity to thrive and reproduce outside of a host body."  


This informative and educational book follows a virus as it tries to attack and ravage a healthy body.  "Intruder alert!"  Cells, enzymes, and antibodies snap to attention and their mission is to fight back and defeat that horrid intrusive enemy.  


The artwork is bright, vibrant and very kid-friendly.  The text is simple enabling little ones to understand the message of this board book and the implications of contracting a virus.  Large Venetian blinds that can be opened up to the delight of youngsters make the book interactive. This book is not only perfect for sharing in homes but would be a great addition in a classroom and school library.  I highly recommend it.  



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!

 





Meet the Author



Words, and pictures: two little words that, together, mean a lot. A high-quality imprint for young children, words & pictures was started in 2012. The imprint encapsulates three main focuses: imagination—because opening a book should also open a child's own imagination to possibilities; innovation—because children should be encouraged to create, not imitate; and inspiration—because books should make children want more: more books, more information, more of life itself. words & pictures represents a powerful and positive opportunity to open children's minds to a world of discovery.



About the Illustrator





I'm Susanna, a freelance illustrator based in Italy.

I work with international clients on a wide variety of projects. You can find my illustrations in magazines, children's books, and games.

When I'm not drawing, I read tons of books, grow jungles on my balcony, and collect other people's shopping lists.

I'm a bit of a color nerd and always looking for the perfect color combination, so wherever there are fun characters to draw and color palettes to play with, I'm in!

CONTACT:

rumizsusanna@gmail.com



Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps




I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 



💜💜💜

No comments: