Monday, November 23, 2020

"What is a Dream?" - a bookwrap

 

Featuring



 

"If thoughts create things, let your mind give you wings. Be inspired. The sky is never the limit... it's only the beginning."



Unwrapping 







What is a Dream? (Let's Go Dreaming)


Authored by Shanita Allen
Illustrated by Isabelle Arne



Specs


* Ages:  2-8

* Grade Level:  PS-3

* Series: Paperback:  30 pages

* Let's Go Dreaming - Book 2

* Publisher:  Infinity Plus Publishing

* Pub. Date:  June 23, 2020

* Language:  English




Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You
















The Book



What is a dream?  This sweet storybook attempts to answer that question.  Ari explains her interpretation to her talking dog Pepper. 


"Hmmm where do I start?

A dream is a place where you go in your mind,

But it lives inside of your heart."


They go on to discuss the magic of dreams.  They start with a wish, evoke curiosity, determine you can dream both day and night, and show how you can explore them using your senses.   


This rhyming book (some of the rhymes are awkward as they don't flow smoothly as you read them aloud ) touts cartoonish, vibrant, colourful illustrations that kids will love.  This is the second book in the "Let's Go Dreaming" series.  The book offers a cuddly quiet time that can prompt a good night's sleep.  Sweet dreams!  




Storywraps Rating - 4 HUGS






Meet the Author





Shanita Allen is the author of the Let’s Go Dreaming children’s book series, which inspires young minds to dream big and allows readers to see the world through the eyes of Little Ari and her talking dog, Pepper. The Let’s Go Dreaming series is a collection of 9 books that teach lessons about acceptance, diversity, friendship, special needs, and bullying.


Shanita is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) with a Master of Science degree in Applied Behavior Analysis from the Florida Institute of Technology and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Florida State University. She has 17 years of experience serving individuals with Developmental Disabilities.


Shanita is a native Floridian and loves to travel. She has visited several countries around the world including China, Spain, and Denmark. One of her books, Let's Go Dreaming: Journey to Paris, was inspired by her trip to France. 


Get social with Shanita, Ari, and Pepper at www.LetsGoDreaming.com

Facebook: Lets Go Dreaming Instagram: @LetsGoDreaming11



About the Illustrator









My name is Isabelle ArnΓ© and I am a French illustrator.

I am an independent illustrator since 2013. I love stories and books and I have been gladly illustrating book covers and children books for a few years now.

While working for authors, I have not forgotten to tell my own stories by making comics and illustrated books.





Follow Storywraps






*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 



πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ






No comments: