Friday, December 11, 2020

"Barnyard Bedtimes" - a bookwrap

 

Unwrapping 







Barnyard Bedtime 


Authored by Annie Sarac

Illustrated by Ela Jarzabek



Specs


* Ages:  2-4

* Grade Level:  PS+

* Board Book:  24 pages

* Publisher:  Sourcebooks Wonderland

* Pub. Date:  March 2, 2021

* Language:  English


 

Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You

















The Book


This sweet rhyming book is bedtime ( or nap time ) reading at its finest.  Wee ones will snuggle up and enjoy a variety of adorable baby farm animals that are extremely tired but guess what?  They are all hunkered down in wrong barnyard beds.  Oh my! They will need help to sort out their misplacements.   This book calls for problem solving  by the reader so the animals can finally locate their very own beds and in so doing get a good night's sleep. 


"Nighttime floats across the farm.
It's time for sleep, of course.
But something here is not quite right...
Where's the pig and cow and horse?"



The illustrations are endearing, my favourite being the fuzzy little lambs.  I have no idea how the illustrator made such cute woolly coats on each of them and was able to visually capture their emotions... so fun!  This board book would make a wonderful stocking stuffer, birthday or shower gift.   I highly recommend it and I know kids will love it. 


Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 






Meet the Author





Annie Sarac is a fiction editor, author, and playwright. Annie loves all things Scotland and cookies. Her all-time favorite gig is being a mom to a lovely and talented daughter. You can find Annie running off the cookies or at her tidy desk at TheEditingPen.com.



About the Illustrator







Ela Jarzabek lives in Katowice, Poland. 

She graduated from Cracow Academy of Fine Arts with a Master's Academy degree in Graphic Design and a Second degree in Painting. 

Since then she has worked as a freelance illustrator. She loves working on watercolour paper with gouache, acrylic paints, and coloured pencils and creating illustrations with funny characters that are bright and colourful.



Follow Storywraps





*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps




I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜




No comments: