Thursday, January 7, 2021

This Is A Dog Book! - a bookwrap

 


Unwrapping 







This Is a Dog Book!

Authored by Judith Henderson

Illustrated by Julien Chung


Specs


* Ages:  3-7

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Reading Level:  4-7

* Hardcover:  40 pages

* Publisher:  Kids Can Press

* Pub. Date:  June 1, 2021

* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You





















The Book



This is a delightful book that will tickle a kid's fancy.  A bunny tries to break into a book that is earmarked exclusively for dogs.  


"How did the bunny get on the cover?

  I don't know.

There ARE bunny books, you know.

I'm not a bunny.  I'm a dog."


Then the fun begins.  The dogs take the bunny through a litany of questions and antics to try to prove to them that he truly is a dog.  Questions such as... Does he like to run and catch a ball?  Can he use his best puppy-dog eyes to get suspended from trouble?  Does he smell dog doo-doos?  ( that will be the kid's favourite I'm sure) just to name a few.  After assuring all the dogs he truly does have the qualifications  they pose one last question.  His answer is unanimously and unequivocally .... YES!  He's in!  I wonder what that question is? 


The story is silly, the characters are adorable and the artwork is funky and fun.  "This Is a Dog Book!" is certain to be read again and again. The message is positive and includes lessons on identity, community, acceptance and belonging. Both young and old will appreciate the humour.  I highly recommend it. 



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 






Meet the Author






Judith Henderson is an Emmy Award-winning children's TV composer and producer. She is the author of the Big Words Small Stories series. Judith lives in Montreal, Quebec.



About the Illustrator






Julien Chung is an award-winning designer and illustrator. He has created licensed characters for brands worldwide and works as a designer for La Presse in Montreal, Quebec.


Follow Storywraps








*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   



Read on.....Read always!

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜


No comments: