Thursday, April 22, 2021

"A Great Day for a Hug" - a bookwrap



Unwrapping










Specs



* Ages:  30 months up

* Grade Level:  Toddler - PS

* Board Book:  20 pages

* Publisher: Clavis

* Pub. Date: July 16, 2021

* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You






















The Book


Cock-a-doodle-doo!  Wake up everyone!  It's a brand new morning on the farm!  All the farm animals begin to do their jobs - cows give their milk and chickens lay their eggs, but what is little chick's job?  He is so small and seemingly insignificant.  What in the world can he contribute?  


His job is very customized and very special.  Little Chick is the farmyard's goodwill ambassador and he makes his rounds every day giving the animals smiles and hugs to make them feel better.  He visits  a sheep, a mommy duck, a goat, a rabbit, a cow, a sweet horse, and a piglet who is stuck in the mud. Oh my!  He wraps a hug around each one and his kindness makes their day begin happily. 


The illustrations are simple and very kid-friendly.  Kids will have fun thumbing through the pages again and again learning all names of the farm animals.  The book's positive message is that you are never too young to spread happiness and love with hugs.  The book is delightful and I highly recommend it. 



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 


πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯πŸ₯



Meet the Author/Illustrator






Mack (1960, the Netherlands) is a graphic designer and illustrator from The Netherlands. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Art in The Hague. During his education, he made funny and educational cartoons about, among others, penguins and whales. These cartoons were later bought by the ‘Diergaarde Blijdorp’-zoo in Rotterdam. By now Mack is a regular illustrator at this animal park and he is the author of several children’s books, in which animals often are the lead characters.

Mack has a primitive way of drawing. He gets inspired by African art and the paintings of the Australian aboriginals. Both create immense power by simplifying shapes. Mack wants to combine that powerful simplification with a subtle sense of humor.

“In my books I try to teach children something in a funny way,” Mack says. “If I draw a penguin, it doesn’t matter to me that much how pretty he is or how good of a swimmer he is. What I want to show the most is how baggy he stands on the ice and how funny his walk is. That funny bagginess is what I try to catch in a couple of lines. Only when children can laugh about it, I think to myself: ‘Yes, I did it’.”



Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: