Tuesday, June 8, 2021

" The Sunshine Squad" - a bookwrap

 


 Unwrapping



Chicken Soup for the Soul Kids imparts good values through heartwarming and humourous stories to help kids put their best foot forward. 







Chicken Soup for the Soul KIDS: The Sunshine Squad

Discovering What Makes You Special


Authored by Jamie Michalak

 Illustrated by Lorian Tu



Specs


* Ages:  4+

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Reading Age:  4-7

* Hardcover:  32 pages

* Publisher:  Charlesbridge

* Pub. Date Sept. 21, 2021

* Language:  English


Unwrapping Some Illustrations for You





















The Book



This wonderful book teaches a very valuable life lesson.  The Sunshine Squad is composed of five diverse friends ( and one little brother ) who make a decision to become superheroes.  Their imaginations flourish as they disclose the unique superpower their natural talents dictate.    


"If I had a superpower," Oliver says, "it would be making things come to life with my pencil.  If a monster ever attacks our street, I'll draw a trap.  POW!" 


"Oh, I get it," Mia says.  " With my skateboard, I'd spin into a tornado and blow the monster away. BAM! So long, Stinky!" 


Oliver, Mia, Lilly, Lucas and Sophie all declare their powers but poor   little brother Tommy feels left out and sad because he is doesn't fit in with the big kids and he doesn't have a superpower to announce. 


As the day progresses Tommy helps out his neighbours at 123 Sunshine Street and happily discovers his superpower is showing care and kindness to others around him. It is a very powerful and appreciated power making him a real hero in his neighbourhood.  


The illustrations are colourful, vibrant and full of emotion.  The message of the book is positive and inspiring.   "The Sunshine Squad" highlights that each and every person has talents to share and we all should celebrate our uniqueness and differences.  I highly recommend this book.  




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗



Meet the Author






Jamie Michalak White is the author of nearly forty books for children, including movie and TV show adaptations. She lives with her family in Rhode Island. www.jamiemichalak.com




About the Illustrator






Lorian Tu is a children's book author and illustrator. She lives in New England with her family where she creates content for children. https://www.loriantubooks.com/about




Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜



No comments: