Wednesday, September 1, 2021

"Why Do You Cry Sad Ghost?" - a bookwrap


 Unwrapping




Why Do You Cry, Sad Ghost? 


Authored and Illustrated by Celia Jones



Specs


* Ages:  4-7

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Publisher:  Reginetta Press

* Pub. Date:  August 16, 2021

* Paperback:  40 pages

Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for you

 











The Book     



This book has a Halloween theme that is written in rhyme.  Sad Ghost floats from room to room in his house continually in tears.  The book was inspired by the author's love for Halloween and by a precious family Halloween figurine. 


The illustrations are colourful and full of detail and expression. A little mouse is embedded in each page.  Kids will love to play search-and-find for him.   


I must admit I wasn't completely taken by the storyline and I think kids will find it hard to engage in.  The rhythm was off and some of the ideas offered as to why Sad Ghost was sad were strange.  It was hard to grasp the whole point of the book after a read through.  I am sure kids will love the fun whimsical visuals that are not overly spooky just as I did.  



Storywraps Rating - 3 HUGS!

🤗🤗🤗


Meet the Author/Illustrator







The author is a Rural Postal Carrier.  She also delivers her artwork, in the forms of graphic art, book cover design, and book interior design.  Graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago, Jones earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.  Her specialty is painting in oils. Inspired by the author-illustrator's love for all things Halloween-and by a treasured family Halloween figurine - this artfully drawn picture book is full of details to delight children and the adults who read with them.  Find her author page at Facebook.com/WhyDoYouCrySadGhost.



Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜  


No comments: