Friday, October 22, 2021

" The Secret Halloween Costume" - A bookwrap

 

Unwrapping





The Secret Halloween Costume

With 2-Way Sequins!


Authored by Sophie Vaillancourt
Illustrated by Karina Dupuis


Specs


* Ages:  3-6

* Grade Level:  K-2

* Length:  24 pages

* Publisher:  Crackboom Books! 

* Pub. Date:  Sept. 21, 2021

* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Illustrations for you

  








              

The Book 



Halloween is a scary time.  Bats fly overhead,  trick-or-treating happens in the dark at night, and witches appear out of nowhere to zoom across the sky right in front of your eyes.  It's a spooky night that's full of fright ...  and fun!  


Charlotte is a young witch whose mother expects her to robe herself  in black and wear scary makeup that will send shivers down kids' spines.  Charlotte, on the other hand, feels that she isn't meant to be scary and wants to choose her own costume this Halloween Eve.  


She shares her feelings with her friends.  She gets an invite up to her friend's attic where they browse through an old trunk filled with  costumes that Charlotte may like.  Unfortunately she finds nothing she  likes.  She does discovers a roll of red material and "Eureka"... the perfect idea pops into her head for its use. 


She takes the fabric and hurries off to her beloved Grandmother's house and together the two create the perfect costume that suits Charlotte perfectly.  Will her family and school mates approve of what she chooses?  Charlotte follows her heart thus showing that she is a nontradionalist.  Perhaps her breaking away from tradition will inspire others to do the same.  What do you think? 


The illustrations are very well done.  They are colourful, vibrant and engaging.  I love that Charlotte is brave enough to celebrate her true self!  Kudos to her.  I love the book and highly recommend it.  



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗



Meet the Author




  

This is Sophie Vaillancourt author of "The Secret Halloween Costume!" All ready for the spooky night event. 



About the Illustrator





I studied graphic design at Cégep de Sherbrooke. I then worked in Montreal for nearly 12 years as an advertising graphic designer for a school publishing house. Since the start of my career, I have tried to use my various artistic talents, both in design and in illustration. Today, I have been self-employed for almost 5 years and illustration now occupies most of my work.

As far as I can remember, illustration has always been a part of me. I love to create “wacky” characters and fabulous worlds using whatever is within my reach. I like the idea that this medium just has no borders.


Follow Storywraps




*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜



No comments: