Tuesday, January 18, 2022

"My Best Friend" - a bookwrap

 

Unwrapping







My Best Friend

By Miquel Tanco


Specs


* Reading Age:  3-7 years

* Grade Level:  PS-2

* Hardcover:  40 pages

* Publisher:  Tundra Books

* Pub. Date:  April 12, 2022

*Language:  English


Unwrapping Some Illustrations 

















The Book



This book is a celebration of owning and loving a dog unconditionally.  It shares the reciprocal love between small humans and their faithful doggie friends.  "My Best Friend"  labels a dog as a BFF.  Dogs are soft, cuddly, warm and always there for you.  They are loyal,  constantly love your company, and happily follow you everywhere you go.  

This heartwarming story is a reminder to revere your pet when they are showing you affection or even when they are being a bit naughty as most dogs are from time-to-time.  Dog lovers both young and old will identify and confirm what a wonderful contribution a dog makes in their lives. 

The watercolour illustrations are wonderful and draw you into the narrative.  The diverse array of dogs and kids portrayed are a joy to behold.   I love the book and highly recommend it.  



Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗


Meet the Author/Illustrator






Miguel Tanco is a children's book author and illustrator born in Extremadura (Spain). He teaches illustration and organizes creative workshops with children and illustrators around Europe and has published over 40 children's books including the trilogy "You and Me, Me and You" (chronicle Books 2017-18-19), Les Farfelus (Les Fourmis Rouges 2016) or Count on me (Tundra Books 2019) , his sixth book as an author and illustrator.

He's received awards including the Bologna Book Fair Mention, 2010-2012, Children's Show N.o 9 of 3x3 Magazine of Contemporary Illustration 2014 and 2016 ,The Society of Illustrators of Los Angeles West 51, 55 Mention and gold award , The AOI mention of Illustration 2016 or Biennale Ilustrarte 2018

Miguel lives in Milan with his wife Federica and their two sons, Pablo and Javier.



Follow Storywraps



*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... http:/ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 


I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜

No comments: