Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year from Storywraps!







Unwrapping some New Year Quotes to ponder...

















Unwrapping some thoughts, some books, some time together...

As I wrap up another year on Storywraps I just want to thank all the authors, illustrators, publishers, contact people and especially my beloved and loyal followers who make this blog a success.  All the  people that I have met in "BlogWorld" have been truly amazing, so supportive of my work, very kind and encouraging... every single one!

 It is a special community to belong to, and yes they do make you feel that you belong, and that you are positively contributing to the amazing world of children's literature.  I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for giving Storywraps a very successful year... way beyond what I could have even dreamed or imagined.  May 2016 bring greater growth and more opportunities to get the word out on the stellar books that are offered to me so I in turn can review them exposing you to the best of the best books to choose from.  


It's very difficult to find children's picture books about New Year's Day and New Year's Eve.  There are many books about Chinese New Year and Rosh Hashanah, but few regarding the January1st celebration.  I found a few to share that you might like to check out...perfect to read if you stay up late to count the new year in, make resolutions together, or if you head off to bed early for a cozy night's sleep. 



Unwrapping some New Year Books to consider...


  


The Stars Will Still Shine . I’ll just start out with my favorite, shall I? It’s not really a New Year-specific book, but is still at the top of my list of books to read when everyone is talking about the holiday. I love this gentle reassuring book about how cycles of events continue to come and go. It’s optimistic, reaffirming the goodness of life and the kindness of individuals no matter what comes. Read it all year long.
  





The Night Before New Year’s . Author Natalie Wing has a series of “night before [insert holiday here]” books. This one looks at… you guessed it. New Year’s. It’s a fun choice for kids addicted to counting down the hours.
  




I really like the simple illustrative style of P. Bear’s New Year’s Party: A Counting Book , and it’s great for toddlers and preschoolers. There are some nice components: a clock for teaching time, interesting vocabulary for groups of animals (“flock”, “herd”, etc), as well as counting.
  




Squirrel’s New Year’s Resolution is a fun choice to read if you are discussing resolutions with your children. Squirrel walks through the forest wondering what resolutions she should make for the new year, finally realizing that all her kind and helpful actions are what’s really important.
  


ShantΓ© Keys and the New Year’s Peas . Eating black-eyed peas at New Year’s is a southern tradition signifying good luck for the coming year. When ShantΓ© goes out to her neighbors, looking for the requisite peas, she learns all about how other cultures celebrate New Year’s. If you’ve been reading multicultural Christmas books this season, this is the natural successor.
  








Follow me:  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 




Read on and read always!


It's a wrap.

No comments: