Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Diana Panton - Sing (I Believe in Little Things)






I'm excited today because I get to unwrap for you a CD...







Diana Panton




Diana Panton's debut children's album is a winner!  Who is Diana?

She is one of Canada's leading jazz vocalists and winner of the JUNO for Best Vocal jazz album in 2015. This album was created specifically for young listeners, a segue for them to become avid jazz advocates in the future.  

Her soft dreamy-like voice is soothing and calming just perfect... enabling your child to lay back and get lost in her music, thus forgetting about worries and cares and dwelling on the little things of life that bring happiness to a child.  

"I Believe in Little Things" was created with the highest musical standards possible in order to give children exposure to quality music at a very young age.  

There is a carefree aura of freedom and hope in this gentle musical world where dreams can come true.

She features songs from Disney, Sesame Street and Willy Wonky that will foster imagination and creativity.  I highly, highly recommend this CD.




Unwrapping The Playlist...


1. In A World Of My Own 
2. Alice In Wonderland
3. Pure Imagination
4. Imagination 
5. Sing
6. I'm Going To Go Back There Someday 
7. The Rainbow Connection 
8. Little Things
9. When You Wish Upon A Star
10. Halfway Down The Stairs 
11. Everybody Sleeps
12. Sleep Is A Precious Thing 
13. Hushabye Mountain 
14. Slumber My Darling 




Unwrapping the Personnel...


Diana Panton - vocal
Don Thompson - bass, piano, vibes
Reg Schwager - guitar
Coenraad Bloemendal - cello



About Diana...







Three-time JUNO Award nominee and Hamilton native Diana Panton’s emotive voice and strong aesthetic vision have established her as one of the brightest lights on the jazz scene today. As a sequel to her critically acclaimed Pink album about the twists and turns of new love (winner of the 2011 Silver Disc Award in Japan), Red is a conceptual offering about a deeper bond. Enhanced by specially tailored string arrangements written by Don Thompson (OC), Diana leads a stellar group of Canada’s finest musicians (including highlight performances by Phil Dwyer and Harrison Kennedy) from the jazz, blues and classical worlds who come together to create an album of rare beauty and emotional intensity. This communal effort earned Red a SiriusXM Indie Award nomination, a top pick selection by Peter Hum of The Ottawa Citizen and a 10 week spot at Number 1 on the jazz charts in Taiwan and Hong Kong upon its release. “I’m a big fan of this recording. It’s a pleasure to experience a musical project that grew so surely and elegantly from concept to execution, and that brings together such talented artists as these.” – Katie Malloch (prior host of CBC’s Tonic)


# # #


Visit Diana


www.dianapanton.com
on Facebook and Twitter


Praise for Diana...


"Diana Panton has a magical quality. Her voice and singing are charming and romantic, yet never too sweet and she sometimes sounds divine."
                               -Shouji Ichikawa, Japan's CD Journal


"I felt bathed in gentle warm sunshine when I heard the first note of the first song.  Diana Panton's voice is special amongst the many female vocalists in the world today.  I would guess that her fans have been waiting for her to make an album like this one.  The album is like a picture book  Diana tells us in her liners "Whether awake or asleep, I wish you dreams full of wonder" and this album truly delivers on that promise. ...By the second track..."Alice in Wonderland (from the film by the same name), we are completely immersed in Diana's musical wonderland."
                                           -Masahiro Imai, FM Club




Follow me:  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1





I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 






Read on and read always!


It's a wrap.

No comments: