Monday, May 16, 2016

Hello Friend! CD - a musicwrap







I have a treat for you today.  I know your feet will be stomping and your spirits lifted as you listen to today's featured CD.  Enjoy!!











Unwrapping...

Hello Friend!
by
The Hollow Trees

Folk, Bluegrass, Country, Jug Band, Jazz and more!
Ages 3-7






Unwrapping the scoop...


This is the 4th album of upbeat, toe-tapping folk music for families.  It is set for release July 1, 2016.  This high-energy, acoustic Americana music is a treat, mixing a variety of music and songs that will delight both young and old alike.  

Says Hollow Trees founding member Greg Mcllvaine, "My favourite part of being in the band The Hollow Trees is playing our live shows. We've been playing most of the material that's included on Hello Friend live, and we wanted to make this record sound like our live shows by using same musicians and generally keeping it simple.  We also wanted to focus a little more on original songs than we've done in the past, and I think we came up with great batch of them, augmented by some fun covers."

The Hollow Trees' oeuvre revolves around an imaginary Hollow Tree and it's chief resident, Nelson, a friendly and musical creature who's a little like a raccoon, a little like a fox, and a little like a baby bear.  The Hollow Tree grows in the midst of a magical meadow hidden deep inside an enchanted forest located in the environs of the mythical hamlet of Nelsonville, USA. 

The kid-friendly band, using clever wordplay combined with excellent musicianship has won the hearts of many.  Check it out, I'm sure your heart will be captured too!

Previous albums by The Hollow Trees include Wacky's Tackle (2010), Welcome to Nelsonville (2008), and The Hollow Trees (2005).


Check them out  at:  www.thehollowtrees.com



###


"Hello Friend" Track List:

What Do You Want On Your Taco?
Merry Go Round
My Dog Has Fleas
I Can't Dance (I've Got Ants in My Pants)
It Ain't No Fault of Mine
Hello Friend
My Metaphor
Guitar You Going to Sing Along?
Poor Papa
Backward Bill
She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain
I Like to Draw
The Harmony Hills

Running time:   40 minutes

Hello Friend will be available at iTunes, Amazon, CDBaby, The Green Bean in L.A.'s Eagle Rock neighbourhood, Grow Kid Grow in L.A.'s Silver Lake neighbourhood, and at all Hollow Trees shows.


###


The Hollow Trees - Performances- May-August 2016


May 15 - Topanga Banjo & Fiddle Contest, Agoura Hills, CA
May 22- The Great Big Family Play Date, Los Angeles, CA
June 21- The Americana at Brand, Glendale, CA
June 26- McCabe's Guitar Shop, Santa Monica, CA
August 7- Theatricum Botanicum, Topanga, CA



Meet the band...

Gregory Mcllvaine, guitar, vocals, kazoo
* Traci Green, vocals, jug
* David Green, drums
* Adam Levy, bass vocals
* Mike Flanagan, mandolin, bouzouki, vocals
* Katie Cavera, plectrum, banjo, ukulele, vocals
* Phil Parlapiano, accordion, vocals
* Leah Ashton, Tia Simone, Nina Kasuya, vocals
* Matt Witler, mandolin, guitar




###



Follow me:  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1





I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 



Read on and read always!


It's a wrap.

No comments: