Saturday, July 16, 2016

ISHI Simple Tips from a Solid Friend - a bookwrap






Unwrapping...





"Ishi - simple tips from a solid friend"

Created by Akiko  Yabuki


Ages 3-5
Release date: July 19, 2016.



Praise for Ishi...



"This little book is a tiny gem!"--Benjamin Franklin Book Awards

"Had a bad day? Then open this little book and you'll feel better. Much better"--The Wishing Shelf Awards

"Amazon names Ishi one of the best books of the month as chosen by its editors." 



Awards...



- Gold Award, National Parenting Publications Awards 2015
- Finalist, Next Generation Indie Book Awards 2015
- Silver Medal, Benjamin Franklin Book Award 2015
- Gold Medal, Mom’s Choice Awards 2014
- Finalist, The Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards 2013 
“Ishi is a hit in our house. Its demanded almost every night!”–Anna C Lem, a mom from San Francisco





A few illustrations to make you smile...




























About the book...


Want a delightful little book that will turn your frown upside down?  Well look no farther.  An adorable little character named Ishi will model how to make good choices in life, thus making you and your world a much happier place to be.  

After reading the book I knew that it was a winner, gave it a great big hug, held it close to my heart... and smiled BIG!  Why?

I love the creative photographs, the positive message and the modelling of how one lonely little sad rock learns how to have compassion for himself and for others around him.  He gives simple tips of not having to live between a rock and a hard place, but freeing yourself to merrily enjoy life to its fullest.  This is a valuable life lesson to share with both the young and the old.  

The brilliant author includes a FROM/TO page inside the front cover intended to promote sharing the book with friends.  Her intention is by passing this little golden nugget along it will allow others to experience the euphoric feeling you get from giving to others...shared happiness!  

If I gave books I review on Storywraps a five star rating (which I don't)... Ishi would get a six.  I highly recommend this book. 




The talent behind the book...






Hello! I’m Akiko and I was lucky to have the chance to work and play at the most wonderful place you can imagine, Sesame Street. I joined the global production team at Sesame Workshop and helped produce co-productions in Japan, Bangladesh and Turkey. During my five years at Sesame Workshop, I experienced the joy of creating edutainment content to help children learn and to dream. 
As a global producer for Sesame Workshop, I had the privilege of working with amazing veterans in children’s entertainment, and I’ve learned how to reach and teach an audience with entertaining and educational content. 
Since I left Sesame Street, I spent four years focusing on bringing edutainment to Vietnam, and spent the last year as a segment producer for the top-rated children’s show, Hi-Five. 
I’ve also pursued certificates in teaching English (CELTA) and yoga (Hatha Yoga) in the last four years. 
I’m originally from Zushi, a small beach town in Japan, and moved to NY when I was eleven. I never thought I would leave NY until I had the opportunity to take a 4 year adventure to HCMC, Vietnam. It’s been 6 months since I left Vietnam and landed in Toronto, Canada. 

I’ve taken lessons from all of my professional and personal experiences and put them into my first book, ISHI.




Follow me:  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1





I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog on the right hand corner (above my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 



Read on and read always!
It's a wrap.


No comments: