Tuesday, May 22, 2018

"A Box of Butterflies" - a bookwrap










Hello.  I'm Ruby's robot and she has a story to tell you.  I think you will love it.  I am beginning to understand how it feels to love too.  Feelings abound in my heart as we both share this book with you.... feelings of excitement and happiness.  Feelings are awesome!  Enjoy!  


Unwrapping





Created by Jo Rooks

Ages:  4-8
Grade Level: 2-3
Publisher:  Magination Press



Unwrapping some wonderful illustrations for you to peek at

(I  feel love towards them)


















































(Now that you've seen them I hope you feel love too )




About the book





This book is an introduction to social-emotional learning and affective education for kids.  It is told through the eyes of a little girl named, Ruby and her best friend, Robot.  

She tries to explain to him what feelings are and how different things in life can trigger an emotional reaction.  She tells him that love feels like a box of butterflies, a colourful dancing kite, drinking tea in a sunset, and a firefly at night. She uses beautiful poetic language to help him understand what she is conveying.  

"Where does love come from?" asked Robot.
"It comes from inside," said Ruby.
"I can't see anything," said Robot. 

Ruby then tells him that you can't see emotions you feel them.  She  goes on to explain the feelings of jealously, anger, fear, worry and sadness, giving him examples so he can comprehend.  With her careful explanations comes a miracle inside of Robot,  he begins to feel  something...

"something fluttery,
something uplifting,
something warm,
something glowing inside him..."  

I wonder what emotion is bubbling up inside of him? 

I love the simple but powerful message of this book. It is easily understood by children who can relate to those feelings. The illustrations greatly enrich the story.  Both Ruby and Robot are such adorable characters and the dialogue between the two is both heartwarming and educational.  The author has included a note to parents and caregivers about emotional skills and the book easily opens up avenues for wonderful conversations about recognizing and discussing those emotions.  I highly recommend this book. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!








Meet the author






Jo Rooks is an illustrator, author, and graphic designer living in leafy South West London with her husband and two children. Jo studied at Bath School of Art and Design and pursued a career in graphic design. When Jo had her two children, she began to rediscover her love of art, poetry, and creative writing for children. She is passionate about reading with children and hopes to bring lovable characters and meaningful messages in her story books.







Follow Storywraps








*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on
Read always
It's a wrap! 💜💜💜


No comments: