Wednesday, September 19, 2018

"Little Hoo Goes to School" - a bookwrap











Schools have various entry points throughout the year in many different countries so any time is the right time to talk about a little one starting school for the very first time.  Little Hoo is quite apprehensive about going but sweet Mama Hoo is ready to help launch him into this new adventure giving him confidence and easing his anxieties.  Here's how.     





Unwrapping






"Little Hoo Goes to School"

Authored and illustrated by Brenda Ponnay


* Age Range:  3-8
* Grade Level:  PS-4
* Paperback: 32 pages
* Publisher: Xist Publishing (August 1, 2018) 
* Langage:  English




Unwrapping some sweet illustrations










































About the book




This delightful little book with its adorable characters will be the perfect catalyst to generate a conversation about feelings and anxieties as your little one begins school for the very first time.  


Little Owl is feeling anxious about going off on his own and being separated from his mother and all the familiar things that he engages in at home.  His mother lovingly assures him that there is nothing to fear and the day ahead can be fun.  

Little Owl is worrying if he'll make friends, if his teacher may be scary, leaving his mother and his favourite stuffed owl toy behind at home, just to name a few.  She lovingly guides him through these unsubstantiated feelings that are swirling inside of him and assures him that everything will be fine and he will have a great day.

If you have a wee one that is anxious about entering into a new situation then this book is wonderful to share together and to talk about overcoming these scary thoughts and feelings that inhabit both the mind and the heart concerning the unknown.  I too was a very nervous child when stepping out into unfamiliar territory so I can truly relate to little Owl's disquietness.   Fortunately I had a great Mother who was there for me and coached me through those alarming scenarios when they arose. 

The illustrations are bold, colourful and very kid-friendly.  "Little Hoo Goes to School" is part of the Little Hoo series that features short, reassuring, positive texts for preschoolers.  They teach very important life lessons.  This book assures you that you can turn fear into fun. I highly recommend this book. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS!!!!!









About the creator







Mother by day, Secret Agent by night! Or at least that's what I've been telling everyone on the internet for the last five years. The reality is I juggle motherhood and a bustling graphic design and illustration business all day long and deep into the night. The lines are blurred and that is what makes me a Secret Agent or a super hero, either one. 

My daughter is my muse and she creeps into my art in the most unexpected ways (sometimes literally).











Follow Storywraps












*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on...
Read always.

It's a wrap! 

💜💜💜

No comments: