Tuesday, April 14, 2020

"Cone Cat" - a bookwrap








Meet Jeremy.  What's that on his head?  Oh my the "cone of shame"... poor guy!  But look?  He doesn't look all that upset.  I wonder why?  This is his story...





Unwrapping







"Cone Cat" 

Authored by Sarah Howden
Illustrated by Carmen Mok

* Ages:  3-7
* Grade Level:  1-2
* Hardcover:  32 pages
* Publisher:  Owlkids
* Pub. Date:  August 15, 2020
* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Fabulous Illustrations for You

























The Book




Jeremy is an adorable little cat who wakes up one day at the vet's.  He discovers he has a HUGE cone around his head and he is not pleased.  How can he function normally with that hideous contraption on him?  He finds out it's not easy.  He finally admits that he has been reduced to a smelly, clumsy Clone Cat... oh my! 

Miraculously, Jeremey learns through trial and error that his cone may be a blessing not a hinderance.  Cone Cat has superpowers that plain old Jeremey lacks. When he is sneaking some of Ava's leftover cereal, the milk and cereal poured not only into his mouth but into the cone too, allowing him to save some for later.  How cool is that? The spider he previously had been stalking and now has gulped down isn't much of a catch... yuk! He can detect Ava's approach before she even leaves her room if he tilts his head at the right angle.  Now that's a plus!  His greatest victory is at Ava's birthday party when he disguises himself as a bowl.  I wonder what that' s all about?  You will love Jeremy's ingenuity and creativity on this one but no spoiler from me. 

The illustrations are extremely well done.  Jeremy's antics and expressions are pure... cat! If you own a cat or have access to one you will totally understand what I mean and they make you laugh.  I thoroughly enjoyed "Cone Cat" and I highly recommend it. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!





Oh! Oh! Another cat-astrophe!  It seems im-paw-ssible for Jeremy to stay cone-free!  Maybe he wants his su-purr-power back!   




The Author





SARAH HOWDEN is an author and editor who lives with her husband and daughter in Toronto, Ontario. This is her first picture book.



The Illustrator





CARMEN MOK is an award-winning children’s book illustrator. After studying studio art University of Waterloo and design at Sheridan College, she decided to dedicate herself to children’s illustration. Carmen lives in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada.





Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca
*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  
I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   

Read on...

Read always.
It's a wrap! 
💜💜💜

No comments: