Friday, August 14, 2020

Lost - a bookwrap






Notice the past tense..."was".  Why is it in the past tense?  This is the story of why...



Unwrapping 




"Lost" 

Authored by Christine Reynebeau 
Illustrated by Rachael Hawkes


* Ages: Baby - 9 years
* Grade Level:  K-4
* Series:  Dreambuilt Kids Series ( Book 7 ) 
* Paperback:  34 pages
* Publisher:  Dreambuilt Books
* Pub. Date:  June 29, 2020
* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Wonderful Illustrations  for You to Enjoy





















The Book




Lucy loves Lou,  her stuffed toy giraffe.  They are inseparable.  They are lucky enough to go on a memorable cruise with the whole family but the most vivid memory that she brings back shatters her world.  While enjoying the scenic view from the deck a big gust of wind blows Lou right from her hands and he plunges down into the bottomless ocean and is irretrievable.  Lucy now has to navigate life now without her BFF but can she do it?  Luckily she has strong family and friend support to help her manage her emotions and lead her out of her despair.  

This book shines a light on emotions that are unveiled when a loved one (close friend, family member, pet etc.) are no longer with you.  The author addresses the subjects of loss and grief in a way that will spark conversations and  give understanding of what took place and how you can cope with that emptiness inside your heart. 

The topic of loss is very sad indeed.  The author offers hope at the end of the book by including a happy ending. Losing something or someone you cherish from your physical world is extremely  heartbreaking but kids will discover that those gone forever can still be kept alive in their hearts by the treasured memories cultivated while they were there with you. 


The illustrations are very well done and they enrich the text greatly.  The book is written in rhyme which I discovered half way through the book.  I recommend "Lost" and ask you to check out the other books in the Dreambuilt Kids Series.  ( This is Book 7 )  





Storywraps Rating:  4 HUGS!  





Meet the Author






I grew up in Green Bay, WI, graduated from the University of Wisconsin- River Falls in December 2012 with a Bachelor of Science- Animal Science, and have worked in the youth development field for both the YMCA(2009-17) and the Boy Scouts of America (2017-present). I am a Board Member of the Marathon County Literacy Council, an Ambassador for the Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce, and an actively engaged member in my community.

In 2013, I was accepted to publish with Mirror Publishing. I published PB & J first, June 2014 and it took another two years to publish GUTS, June 2016. I was a presenter at Untitled Town Book Festival in 2017 and do book readings at a variety of local events. September 2017 was the start of this great new adventure, Dreambuilt Books.

I believe that the words I share with the world should have positive intention and that there are many valuable lessons to be learned by books. I am excited to share the building of my dreams with you! (less)




Follow Storywraps








*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca
*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps

I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  
I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   
Read on.....Read always!
It's a wrap! 

πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No comments: