Tuesday, September 7, 2021

"My Pet Cloud" - a bookwrap

 


Unwrapping







Specs


* Ages:  4-7

* Grade Level:  PreK-2

*Hardcover:  32 pages

* Publisher:  Capstone

* Pub. Date:  February 1, 2022

* Language:  English


Unwrapping Some Illustrations for you

      










    

The Book    



This is a clever little book that blends a delightful story with actual information concerning different types of clouds.  It's not only entertaining but educational as well. 


Max longs for a pet but his mother says no.  She tells him she is allergic to mess, noise, and animal hair. Max takes it upon himself to find a pet on his own and finally adopts a lost cloud that he finds in the park.  Yep, that's right...a cloud! Nobody warns him how hard it is to take care of a cloud.  

 He names his pet Fluffy, a very appropriate name.   Max faces many challenges while trying to rear his newly adopted friend.  He discovers his small cloud is difficult to house-train, at the slightest gust of wind Fluffy runs away, and while wrestling one day on the carpet shocks and static occur resulting in a teeny tiny fire.  Who knew?


A powerful storm blows Fluffy away and Max is totally devastated.  How will Max ever find his beloved cloud and bring him home once again?  


The author weaves interesting facts about different clouds throughout the book and mom explains that perhaps Fluffy may not even be a cloud anymore but drops of water or humidity in the air.  She explains that clouds don't last forever because that's just the water cycle of life. 


I love at the end of the book where the author has organized "Rescue Clouds Ready for Adoption" cards for kids to learn about different types of clouds and pick one that they might like to adopt.  It's a brilliant way to teach kids about clouds! I love the tranquil colour pallet.  It is perfect for the storyline and weather theme.  The book highlights the responsibilities of having a pet, bonding and friendship , family, and of course weather and science facts.  I highly, highly recommend this book and I just submitted my card to adopt Chloe, she's my type of cloud


Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 


🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗



Meet the Author






Amanda Rawson Hill grew up in Wyoming, with a library right out her back gate. She is the author of the picture book, You'll Find Me, and the middle grade novel, The Three Rules of Everyday Magic. Today she lives in California with her husband, four kids, three Guinea pigs, a lazy bulldog and a grumpy cat.



About the Illustrator





My name is Laia Arriols but I'm also known as Apanona. 

In case you're wondering what “Apanona” means: this is how my elder daughter said "butterfly" (“papallona” in catalan) when she was two. I found this name very sweet to create things around children's world .

I live in a town near Barcelona with my two children. I'm an illustrator, photography lover and graphic design fan. 

I'm a self-taught illustrator and I use digital techniques in 99% of my work. I love typography, colors, textures, silhouettes and the style of the 60's and 80's: two radically different decades! 

I get inspired by my everyday life: family, friends, music, art, movies, cartoons, and children's world in general.



Follow Storywraps





*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 

I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywrap's community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜  

No comments: