Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy Saturday to you.....







"I divide all readers into two classes; those who read to remember and those who read to forget."
                                          ~William Lyon Phelps


Experiencing a long weekend here...the last one of our summer!  Things will be a little different today as I am putting some blogging time aside to enjoy family and friends and take a a little break myself.  So glad you come and read my daily works.  I so appreciate you all landing here and spending time with me.  I am amazed that France has the most visitors to my blog and I want to give them a special shout out and nod of appreciation for supporting what I do.  Merci.  I am going to post a cute poem this morning about back to school shopping.  I am sure most people have already been there, done that, but for those who still have this task looming, last minute over them, this poem is for you.  Enjoy.  Kenn Nesbitt is one of my favourite kid's poets and I am sure you will enjoy this poem of his too.



                   
                  

Back-to-School Shopping


My sleeves are too short
and my jeans are too tight.
My shirt is so small
that it doesn't fit right.

My hat is too snug
and my socks all have holes.
My shoes are worn out
on the sides and the soles.

My mom says it's time
to go shopping for more.
She wants me to get
some new clothes at the store.

She begs and cajoles,
but I simply say, "No.
I want to stay home.
I would rather not go."

While new ones may fit
in the sleeves and the toes,
the old ones I have
are my favorite clothes.
--Kenn Nesbitt

copyright 2013 Kenn Nesbitt.  All rights reserved.


About the poet:




  • Kenn Nesbitt
    Poet
  • Kenn Nesbitt is a children's poet He has written a number of collections of children's poetry, listed below. On June 11, 2013 he was named Children's Poet Laureate by the Poetry Foundation. He was born on February 20, 1962 in Berkeley, California. Wikipedia

  • Read on and read always!   Put some time aside to curl up and enjoy a good book this weekend.
  • No comments: