Thursday, March 23, 2017

"The Love of Reading: Advice for Young Parents - an info wrap







For the love of reading...
































From time to time I will be posting some very informative and valuable articles from the Cricket Media website.  (www.cricketmedia.com).  

About
Cricket Media

"We believe that challenging children’s minds and connecting them to learn together does wonders for their confidence, creativity and curiosity."


I know you will find these submissions not only very interesting but helpful in understanding the reading process your child is going through to become an avid, lifelong reader.



“If children know eight nursery rhymes by heart by the time they’re four years old,
they’re usually among the best readers by the time they’re eight.”

—Mem Fox





One of the greatest gifts you can share with your babies and toddlers is your love of learning. That love often begins with the love of books shared during those quiet, precious moments reading to your child. When you open a book, you open the door to a lifelong love of learning.


Writing is also an integral part of a child’s early learning process. Showing your child how much fun it is to turn their spoken words into written words is a joy shared by the child and the parent. Reading and writing help children:

1 Realize that the written word is as natural as the spoken word.
2 Identify their thoughts and put them into more logical sequences.
3 Think about things in new and imaginative ways.
4 Discover themselves and the world around them.
5 “See” their world more clearly and closely.
6 Peak their interest and curiosity.
7 Appreciate the written word not only of their own making, but of the writings of others in books and magazines.
8 Build self-confidence in expressing themselves.
Children who learn to express themselves in clear and meaningful ways are more likely to interact with their peers and adults. It all begins with the joy of reading!
  
- Charles Ghigna




A great place to start sharing your love of reading with your babies and toddlers is with the award-winning magazines from Cricket Media: Babybug, Ladybug, Spider, and Cricket!










Introducing and featuring...



“My Quiet Time” by Charles Ghigna from LADYBUG, Jan. 2016








I pick a book
from my shelf. 
I read. I dream
all by myself.

my quiet time
to think about
all the world
from inside out.








Charles Ghigna – Father Goose® lives in a tree house in the middle of Alabama.

He is the author of more than 100 award-winning books from Random House, Disney,
Hyperion, Scholastic, Simon & Schuster, Abrams, Charlesbridge, Orca and Capstone.
His poems appear in magazines from The New Yorker and Harper’s to Cricket and Highlights.
For more information, please visit: FatherGoose.com





Follow me  


*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  Storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I love what I do and appreciate any amount that you may give so I can make our community even better.  Thanks a million! 


Read on and read always!
It's a wrap.

No comments: