Monday, January 28, 2019

"Love You Head to Toe" - a bookwrap










Unwrapping







Love You Head to Toe
Ashley Barron


* Age Range: 3+
* Grade Level: PS-1
* Hardcover: 32 pages
* Publisher: Owlkids
* Pub. Date: March 15, 2019
* Language: English 





Unwrapping some sweet illustrations for you to enjoy

































Unwrapping the book



Rhyming similes, cut- paper collage art, and a parade of the cutest diverse babies ever.... makes this book delightful.  "Love You Head to Toe" will warm hearts as young readers engage in this adorable book that compares newborn babes with similar actions and antics of baby animals.  

The illustrations are masterpieces.  Created from cut-paper they are bright, expressive and playful.  They equate the sweet infants to a starfish, a kitten, a duckling, a penguin, a cheeky monkey, a sleepy hippo, a little otter baby and my most favourite - a hedgehog baby, just to name a few.  

"You're my little hedgehog baby,
When I wipe your bum,
Curled up in a hedgehog ball,
Until the cleanup's done."  

The story moves along powered by actions verbs and documents a day in the life of a baby from morning until bedtime.   Love for precious babies ooze from parents to their sweet bundles of joy letting them know that they are a treasure and a gift to be cherished always.  The book would be perfect to share at bedtime wrapped in a cuddle and a lovely gift to give to new parents when their new baby arrives to grace their family and home.  Highly recommended. 




Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!







Meet the author/ illustrator










ASHLEY BARRON graduated from OCAD’s illustration program. Her award-winning cut-paper collage illustrations have appeared in magazines, children’s publications, websites, posters, animations, store windows, and set designs. Ashley is the illustrator of Up!, Kyle Goes Alone, and the Math in Nature series. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.






Follow Storywraps






*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  I also have added a new button....Ko-Fi.  You can buy me a coffee if you like my review and feel more like hanging out together.  It's new, fun and yes my dear friends, coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod.  There's always something brewing here on my blog. 

 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together. 



Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
💜💜💜

No comments: