Friday, February 7, 2020

"One World, Many Colors" - a bookwrap









Unwrapping





One World, Many Colors

by Ben Lerwill  
illustrated by Alette Straathof


* Ages:  5-7
* Grades:  K-2
* Hardcover:  32 pages
* Publisher:  words & pictures
* Pub. Date:  March 17, 2020
* Language:  English




Unwrapping Some Wonderful Illustrations for You

























The Book


We are so lucky to have beautiful colours to appreciate no matter where we travel in this world of ours.  This book highlights the joy and beauty of colours.  It throws a colour party that every culture, country, race, gender and religion are invited to attend. 

Ben Lerwill is a travel writer and Alette Straathof is a talented artist that creates a wonderful non-fiction picture book where readers can learn about colours in a fun, educational way.  The author visits  many locations in the world and points out how: white shines and sparkles in the desert of Oman, in icy Antarctica, and in sunny Australia.  Pink blooms and brightens Japan as cherry blossoms appear in the springtime. It is found in a sweet-smelling Paris Bakery and discovered in a wide lake in Kenya as flamingos come out to feed,  just to name a few scenarios.  

The artwork is wonderful with vibrant, bold, rich colours that enrich the text's message.  Similar colours come out to play and  celebrate their likeness all across the globe. 

Stunning colours flow from country to country binding us together and keeping us spellbound as we take in their magical resplendency.  The book's message is positive, uplifting and unifies us as we connect with familiar colours no matter where our destination lands us.  I highly recommend the book.  




Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!






Meet the Author







Ben Lerwill is an award-winning freelance travel writer based in Oxfordshire, England. He has been writing about travel since 2003 and continues to work with a broad range of magazine, newspapers, and websites. Ben's writing has appeared in more than 50 national and international titles, including Nation Geographic Traveler, Wanderlust, Time Out, BBC Travel, The Guardian, The Sunday Times, The Observer, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, BBC Countryfile, and Rough Guides.










About the Illustrator 




Nice to meet you! My name is Alette Straathof and I'm an illustrator who works and lives in Paris. I graduated in January 2016 at the Willem de Kooning Academy in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. 

I love it when people discover new things every time they look at one of my pieces. I always try to hide a small detail in my illustrations for you to discover ;-) Can you find them?







Follow Storywraps












*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps.  
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ



No comments: