Thursday, February 6, 2020

"Vivienne Westwood" - a bookwrap






Who Are Little People, BIG DREAMS? 



Little People, BIG DREAMS is a bestselling series of books and educational games that explore the lives of outstanding people, from designers and artists to scientists and activists. All of them achieved incredible things, yet each began life as a child with a dream. 

This empowering series offers inspiring messages to children of all ages, in a range of formats. The board books are told in simple sentences, perfect for reading aloud to babies and toddlers. The hardback versions present expanded stories for beginning readers. Boxed gift sets allow you to collect a selection of the books by theme. Paper dolls, learning cards, matching games and other fun learning tools provide even more ways to make the lives of these role models accessible to children.

Inspire the next generation of outstanding people who will change the world with Little People, BIG DREAMS!




Unwrapping 





Vivienne Westwood (Little People, BIG DREAMS)


Authored by Maria Isabel SΓ‘nchez Vegara
Illustrated by Laura Callaghan


* Age Range:  4-6
* Grade Level:  PS - 2
* Series: Little People, BIG DREAMS 
* Hardcover:  32 pages
* Publisher:  Frances Lincoln Children's Books
* Pub. Date:  March 7, 2019
* Sold By:  Amazon Services LLC
* Language:  English




From the Publisher 






When Vivienne was older, her family moved to the outskirts of London. Vivienne was always curious about art and new ideas, so she decided to study fashion and jewellery design.





One day, she met a rebellious young man called Malcolm McLaren. They opened a shop on the King’s Road in London, where they mixed rock ‘n’ roll records with fashion in a brand-new way.







Vivienne became an activist against climate change. She made quality clothes that were built to last, encouraging people to buy less and wear them more.




The Book


I love the "Little People, BIG DREAMS" series very much.  The books are inspiring and document the lives of people who have achieved incredible status in our world.  They all started out as a child with a dream. 

The latest book in the series highlights the life of Vivienne Westwood.  She was born in Glossop, Derbyshire, England, on April 8, 1941 and is considered one of the most unconventional and outspoken fashion designers in the world.  Westwood rose to fame in the late 1970s when her early designs helped shape the look of the punk rock movement.

She came from humble beginnings and as a young woman wasn't sure how a working class girl from England could make a living in the art world.  She adored fashion and jewelry and took her passion and skills into the market place and rocked that world.  Her biggest claim to fame was endorsing the fact that people should let their clothes and style speak for themselves.  

The book includes a look into a fashion designer's life with all the style ( and uniqueness ) that only Vivienne Woodword could bring to the fashion world.  Included at the back of the book are facts and a biological timeline for those who want to dig deeper into this fascinating woman's highly success life.  Also included are historical photos to enjoy.  Highly recommended by Storywraps as is the entire series. 





  Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!!!!!







The Series 












This empowering series offers inspiring messages to children of all ages, in a range of formats. The board books are told in simple sentences, perfect for reading aloud to babies and toddlers. The hardcover versions present expanded stories for beginning readers. Boxed gift sets allow you to collect a selection of the books by theme. Paper dolls, learning cards, matching games, and other fun learning tools provide even more ways to make the lives of these role models accessible to children.

Inspire the next generation of outstanding people who will change the world with Little People, BIG DREAMS!






Meet the Author





¡Hola! My name is Maria Isabel SΓ‘nchez Vegara and I'm a writer and creative director from Barcelona. When I was a little girl, I used to read books under the covers with a flashlight once my mom had turned the light off. I always wanted to be a writer... but when I grew up, I ended up in advertising. It was a lot of fun though; I loved working with directors, photographers, designers, and I also wrote scripts, documentaries and texts for all kind of things.

Then, I decided to self-publish a book that had been in my mind for a long time. One day, one thousand copies of the book arrived at my home - I had no idea what I was going to do with them! I opened a little online shop, offered them to some pretty stores in my neighborhood and, one by one, I sold them all. Soon, publishing houses started to approach me to write books, but I was working on another idea of my own: a series about little people with BIG dreams.







About the Illustrator



Laura Callaghan is an Irish illustrator based in South East London. She graduated with an MA in Illustration from Kingston University in 2010. Her clients include The Guardian, V&A, Nylon magazine, The Sunday Times, The Sunday Telegraph, Pitchfork, and Seventeen magazine. 





Follow Storywraps












*Instagram: Storywraps
Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps


I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  

I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps.  
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   


Read on...
Read always.
It's a wrap! 
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


No comments: