Monday, July 20, 2020

"I Promise You" by Marianne Richmond









Unwrapping 




"I Promise You" 
Created by Marianne Richmond



* Ages:  5-6
* Grade Level:  PS-1
* Hardcover:  40 pages
* Publisher:  Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
* October 6, 2020
* Language:  English



Unwrapping Some Wonderful Illustrations for You



























The Book 




A promise is a promise right?  This tender book sends a wonderful message of incessant love from a mother's heart to her beloved child.  

She reiterates all the times in her little one's life that she makes him promises out of the abundance of love that she has for him. She commits to keeping him safe and caring for him unconditionally... always!  This amazing mom shares that life can be hard and sometimes unfair but she pledges to be there, ever guiding and loving him, all through his life's journey.  

She vows to listen, to be present, to love and her ultimate promise? ...  provide a forever home in her heart for her precious child.  

The illustrations are endearing and kid-friendly.  The message is uplifting and beautiful.  


"When you first came to me
so little and so new
I held you close
and rocked you slow
and made a promise to you
I promise you love
for your lifetime through.
Steady, endless and sure,
this I promise you."

This reassuring message is sure to stay tucked in her child's heart long after he has spread his wings and flown from the shelter of his childhood home.  I love the book and I highly recommend it.



Storywraps Rating - 5 +++ HUGS!







Meet the Author/ Illustrator



Beloved author and illustrator MARIANNE RICHMOND has touched the lives of millions for nearly two decades through her award winning books, greeting cards, and other gift products that offer people the most heartfelt way to connect with each other. She lives in the Nashville area. Visit www.mariannerichmond.com.



Follow Storywraps







*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca
*Instagram: Storywraps
*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com
*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps
*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1
*Pinterest: Storywraps

I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.
Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  
I also have added a new button... ko-fi.com/storywraps  Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.  That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 
 I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps' community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Books bind us together.   

 

Read on.....Read always!
It's a wrap! 


πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ


No comments: