Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Bailey & Blanket - a bookwrap

 

Unwrapping







Bailey and Blanket

by Emily House


Specs


* Ages:  3-5

* Grade Level:  PS-K

* Length:  32 pages

* Publisher:  Blue Dot Kids Press

* Pub. Date:  May 6, 2022

* ISBN-13:  9781737603221

* Language:  English


Editorial Reviews 



“A sweet story that proves love is the best security blanket.” —Kirkus Reviews


“Charming.... A great way to demonstrate resilience.” —Booklist


“A heartwarming tale of friendship, family, and imagination,... engaging illustrations... complement the story perfectly.” —School Library Connections



Unwrapping Some Illustrations 





















The Book



Oh boy, baby Bailey finds his BFF from the get-go!  Bailey is tiny, in need of some warmth, and Blanket is a soft, cozy cover. They are a match made in heaven.  

Everywhere Bailey goes he takes his best buddy with him.  They are inseparable.  

One day the family goes down to the lake for a picnic.  Suddenly a dog snatches Blanket and tears off with it.  Bailey frantically tries to rescue his beloved friend and a tug-of-war ensues leaving Blanket in shreds on the ground.  Bailey is emotionally crushed.  He gathers up the tattered pieces and they head home.

That night poor Bailey lay face down on his pillow crying, lonely and sad.  Dad seeing his son's anguish makes a plan that he knows will bring back his son's happiness.  Can you guess what that plan might be?  

This heartfelt story with its lovely detailed illustrations is a story of love, caring, security, resilience and cleverness.   Kids will relate to this familiar theme whether they have a special relationship with a blanket or a specific toy that they love.  I like that the book features diverse characters.  I highly recommend "Bailey and Blanket." 




Storywraps Rating - 5 HUGS! 

   

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗


Meet the Author





"Hailing from Norfolk, England, I now live with my husband and two children near sunny (and often windy) Cape Town. 

I spend a lot of my time as an illustrator but also love putting pen to paper to write stories to go with my pictures."

My debut picture book, "Earth Takes a Break" is out now and I have a second one on the way in 2021.

Copious amounts of tea and the odd slice of cake help to grease the wheels of creativity."


Follow Storywraps


*Blog Link:  www.babybookworms.blogspot.ca

*Instagram: Storywraps

*Email:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com

*Facebook:  www.facebook.com/Storywraps

*Twitter: Storywraps@Storywraps1

*Pinterest: Storywraps



I put hours of work finding the best kid's books to review for you each day.  If you enjoy visiting Storywraps and would like to donate something for my time and effort I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the top of my blog at the right hand corner (below my photo) and please donate what you feel lead to give.  The amount you donate and the frequency you donate is totally up to you.  


I also have added a new button... http:/ko-fi.com/storywraps . Simply buy me a cup of coffee if you would rather.   That would be fun.  Coffee and blogging go together like two peas in a pod as I'm always brewing up something here on Storywraps. 


I thank you in advance for your support.  I adore what I do and would appreciate any amount that you may give so that I can make our Storywraps’ community more thriving and exciting.  Thanks a million!  Remember that it’s the books that bind us all together.   


Read on...Read Always! 

It's a wrap! 


💜💜💜




No comments: