Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Have you noticed?

I am reviewing adult books from time to time. I will post these reviews on this blog for your consideration. It is nice to read to your child daily but you need to be nourished yourself with your own books. You are never too young or too old to pick up a good book and devour it. My little grandson who will be one year old next month is truly a little book monster. He loves to turn pages and is enthralled with the pictures and his mother's/father's voice as he gets read to. I encouraged both my daughter and especially her husband to read to him. There is something so precious in the voice of a parent who reads, interacts, and has fun with reading a storybook from day one in the life of a child. Read, read, read to your child. Collect great books that are age appropriate and start his/her own private book collection. I cannot emphasize this enough. The time you invest in your child from the beginning will pay huge benefits later on in life. Trust me...reading is still cool...and you can share that vision and treasure with your child early on. Read on. Read daily.

No comments: