Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday in the park...

Weather permitting head off to the park with some outdoor toys and a few books to share. You can read anywhere. Physical play is important, food for fuel imperative, and while you are chlling....read your little one a fun story. Always, always pack a few books in case you have a few minutes to crack open a favourite and read it aloud. I have seen moms read to their kids in restaurants while they are waiting for the food to arrive, at the pool awaiting a lesson to begin, in doctor and dentist offices....anywhere is the best place to read. I used to take books in the van when I picked up my older kids and read to my little "caboose" while we were waiting for that bell to ring. Who knows reading the park could draw a crowd and you may inspire other parents to do the same with their kids. Read on and happy Saturday.

No comments: