Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December!

Wow! It is December and Christmas is 24 days away. I cannot believe how fast and furious the time flies. I just wanted to take a break from introducing you to fabulous "literary experts" and insert a pause to recognize this new season that will quickly be upon us. This is a time to mentally prepare yourself for this busy time of year. With all the hustle and bustle do not forget what is important. Late nights, family parties and gathering can be so stressful to your children. Be sure to carve out quality time of quiet to curl up, relax, reboot and read together. Reading quiets their heads, theirs heart and their spirits. There are so many amazing Christmas books on the market these days for you to choose from. Start a collection today and keep these books in a special box tucked away when Christmas is all over. You can store them with your decorations and each year pull them to read again and again. I always made sure that each of my four kids received a Christmas book and I plan to continue that tradition with my grandkids. Books never get old. They never need batteries or are outgrown.....quite the opposite. Books become old, familiar friends that still bring a twinkle to the eye and a smile to the face as you meet up with them each year. Your kids will be enriched and in awe as your unveil these treasures and much less stressed if you include stacks of good books into their Christmas season festivities.
Read on.

2 comments:

DMS said...

Yes! December is here and it is already whipping along! So much to pack into each day- from decorating to shopping, to drinking hot cocoa and watching a holiday movie or reading a holiday book. I buy all the children in my family a holiday book each year. I have been doing this since my first niece was born. I think it is fun and it is a great way to share the love of reading. To make it easier- I buy the same holiday book for everyone and then the next year I buy a different book. This way I don't have to keep track of which books have been given to which kids. :)

~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com

Storywraps said...

What a great idea! Bless. you for "giving a book "',a tradition in your family. I can tell you are passionate about literacy and reading. Together we can fan the reading flame and keep the reading fires burning. Have a great holiday season.