Friday, April 5, 2013

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy....







Friends

By

Abbie Farwell Brown

How good to lie a little while
And look up through the tree!
The Sky is like a kind big smile
Bent sweetly over me.

The Sunshine flickers through the lace
Of leaves above my head,
And kisses me upon the face
Like Mother, before bed.

The Wind comes stealing o'er the grass
To whisper pretty things;
And though I cannot see him pass,
I feel his careful wings.

So many gentle Friends are near
Whom one can scarcely see,
A child should never feel a fear,
Wherever he may be.


Source: Friends by Abbie Farwell Brown, Famous Children Poems http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/famous/poem/friends-by-abbie-farwell-brown#ixzz2PaoJbKn7 
www.FamilyFriendPoems.com 



I love this poem.  It is gentle, sensitive and childlike.  It seems to be written in the purest form.  The words enter your heart and leave tenderness there.  Poetry pulls at your heartstrings and connects you to the intimacy of the world around you.  Being National Poetry Month I will feature great poems from various poets here daily for you to enjoy.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  Tuck a poem in your pocket to share with someone today.

Read on and read always.

No comments: