Monday, July 1, 2013

                                       Quote of the Day

"The whole inspiration of our life as a nation flows out from the waving folds of this banner."
                                               ~Author Unknown






I Love You Canada

There are many flags now waving,
Over land and over sea,
And though shot and shell are flying
CANADA I think of thee.
Its the land I’d do or die for--
And my heart is there always,
So when I get back home once more,
Tis there I’ll ... end my days.


I love you CANADA--
For you mean so much to me,
I love your hills and valleys--
And your stately maple tree,
I love all your dear people,
Tho’ far away I roam,
When I hear them speak of CANADA I long for Home Sweet Home.


Kenneth McInnis and Morris Morris Manley, 1915



Happy Canada Day everyone!

Read on and read always!

No comments: