Happy Wednesday everyone! Here is the today's book quote for you to guess both the author and the book:
"These two very old people are the father and mother of Mr. Bucket."
Today's featured book is....
Title: Healthy Choices, Happy Kids:
Making Good Choices with Every Day Care
Authors: Foster W. Cline, M.D., Lisa C. Greene and Gina L. May
Illustrator: Dona Vajgand
What's in this book?
I think you will find this book very beneficial to the overall choices that your child makes concerning her health and the consequences if the choices are not good. Every child when left to make decisions on her own regarding eating the right foods, when and how to brush her teeth, the importance of hand washing, the receiving of medicine if she is sick (usually depending on the taste), the desire to take a bath or shower or even putting down the electronic games and getting outside for fresh air and exercise needs to know the consequences of those decisions. This picture book was penned to give caregivers a guide and a means of encouragement to help their child understand what may happen if you do not make good choices regarding your overall well being. The illustrations are fun and kid-friendly making the reader identify with the characters and engage in the truth of the book's message. Included in the book is a hidden frog on each page which makes the book a fun and interactive read. Our children's health is very important and we, as adults, want to give them tools to be empowered and to look after themselves starting from a very early age so they can live a long, wholesome life and be the best that they can be.
About the author:
Co-Founder, The Love and Logic InstituteSpecialist in:
Adult and child psychiatrist
Adult and child psychiatrist
- Attachment and bonding in children
- The gifted and talented child
- Parenting and child management
- Classroom behavior management
- Communication systems and patterns
Dr. Foster W. Cline is an internationally renowned child and adult psychiatrist, as well as the co-author of Parenting with Love and Logic. His love of children and passion for changing lives give him a unique sense of clarity as he turns difficult and often confusing child development concepts into straight talk and answers for adults. He has served as a consultant to school systems, pupil personnel teams, and hospitals around the world. Dr. Foster W. Cline also is a grandparent, as well as the father of three biological children, one adopted child, and several foster children.
Books, videos, and audios by Dr. Foster W. Cline include:
- "Allowing Kids to Choose Success"
- "Avoiding Power Struggles with Kids: Featuring Jim Fay's Science of Control"
- "Childhood Lying, Stealing and Cheating"
- "Daring to Parent"
- "Grandparenting with Love and Logic: Practical Solutions to Today's Grandparenting Challenges"
- "Grief, Trauma, and Loss: Helping Children Cope"
- "Helping Kids Face Today's World"
- "Marriage - Love and Logic"
- "Meeting the Challenge: Using Love and Logic to Help Children Develop Attention and Behavior Skills"
- "Parenting Children with Health Issues: Essential Tools, Tips and Tactics for Raising Kids with Chronic Illness, Medical Conditions and Special Healthcare Needs"
- "Parenting Doesn't Have To Be Rocket Science: Teach Kids Good Choices"
- "Parenting Teens with Love and Logic: Preparing Adolescents for Responsible Adulthood"
- "Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility"
- "Taking the Stress out of Raising Great Kids: Journal Collection Years 1995 to 2000"
- "The Love and Logic Tenth Anniversary Journal Collection
- "The Pearls of Love and Logic for Parents and Teachers"
- "Toddlers and Pre-Schoolers: Love and Logic Parenting for Early Childhood, Six Months to Five Years"
- "Trouble-Free Teens: Smart suggestions for Parenting Your Pre-Teen"
- "Uncontrollable Kids: From Heartbreak to Hope"
- "Winning the Homework Battle: Helping Children Discover and Celebrate Their Strengths"
- "Winning with Diabetes: Tools, Tips and Tactics for Raising Healthier K
Book Review Rating: 8 (Fantastic!)
Read on and read always! Make wise choices and have a great day everyone.