Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy Canada Day!





Quote of the Day:
Canada is the homeland of equality, justice and tolerance.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/canada.html#8ECv8EV6HsxE1G0M.99



My name is British Columbia
The jewel of the West Coast.
Forestry and fishing are
The things that I do most.

Hi, I am Alberta
A wild west kind of place
With cows and oil and mountains
And lots of open space.

I am Manitoba
And I’m Saskatchewan
We’re the golden prairies
Where fields of wheat grow in the sun

Hi, I am Ontario
The home of government
To me each year the leaders
Of our democracy are sent.

Bonjour, I am Quebec
Here French is my language too
When I want to ask “how are you?”
I say, “comment allez vous?”

Newfoundland, New Brunswick
And Nova Scotia -- those are we,
We are Atlantic Provinces
The three musketeers of the sea.

I’m Prince Edward Island
And I know I may be small
But without me all the rest of you
Would have no potatoes at all.

The Yukon, Nunavut and North West
Territories are up north.
Through ice and cold and polar bears
Few brave souls venture forth.

Together we are Canada
One nation strong and free
With sharing, friends and happiness
Forever we will be! 


All about Canada today, the country where I live:


Here it is on the map.  I live in the province of Ontario, right down by Lake Ontario, one of the Great 5 Great Lakes.


I live in the city of Mississauga (near Toronto).

  1. Mississauga is a city in Southern Ontario, Canada. It lies on the shores of Lake Ontario, located in the Regional Municipality of Peel, in the western part of the Greater Toronto Area. Wikipedia
  2. Area292.4 km²
  3. Weather26°C, Wind E at 2 km/h, 89% Humidity
  4. Local timeTuesday 9:07 AM

Here is Canada's Prime Minister, Steven Harper, and family and the National Coat of Arms:



I am going to include a link to a website that gives you a rich index of authors and books that are typically Canadian for you to browse through if you would like:

                                                                 www.ccib.arts.ubs.ca  


    It has complied a selected list of Internet resources on Canadian Literature and Illustrated book.

My take on my country:

I love living in Canada.  It has a democratic government, fine culture and art, is a safe place to live in and yes, I am very passionate and patriotic about it.  I have my flag hanging proudly outside my door today to celebrate this great country that I am very proud to be part of.  When I watch our hockey games or our Canadian teams playing at the olympics, or anything on the world stage I always cheer the loudest for US...go Canada!!! I am very privileged to live here and am grateful every day that I  have freedom of speech, can attend the church of my choice, have a job to go to, a health system that is virtually free and very high standards of education available to me.  I never, ever want to take that for granted.  Canada is a country where I can be free and be me!  I love it a lot and am very happy to live here.







The maple leaf forever.......






No comments: