Quote of the day:
"Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world forever." -Malala Yousafzal
Welcome everyone to Storywraps. We are talking this morning about the significance of book giving (Part 3), and the fabulous books that you can pick up, add an embellishment to and voilá, you have the perfect gift to give to your child on Christmas morning....a gift that keeps on giving.
Here is a list of elementary school books that you may want to check out to give.....
1. Pair silly beginning reader book The Monster in the Backpack with a cute backpack.
2. Take to the ice with book choices Katie Kazoo, On Thin Ice and passes to the local ice-skating rink.
3. Give early chapter books Ella the Rose Fairy or Rose and the Delicious Secret with a lovely Rose Fairy.
4. Blooming fashionistas will appreciate Paper Fashions (Klutz) (all thirty-five Amazon reviews gave five stars!) along with Fashion Kitty and the Unlikely Hero.
5. Pair Operation Yes! with green army men.
6. Pair fantasy book Savvy with an assortment of temporary or henna tattoos.
7. Give What the World Eats with an international dinner out.
8.You can't go wrong with Frankenstein Takes the Cake along with a cake-baking session. As a matter of fact, throw in Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich and make a whole day of eating.
9. For business-minded kids, pair The Lemonade War with a coin counter bank.
10. Give Kimchi & Calamari with a promise for a dinner out Korean style, or Italian, or both.
11. Wrap up A Crooked Kind of Perfect with excellent socks like those on the cover.
12. Fabulous Hair with a collection of hair accessories will put a smile on a face for sure.
13. Pair The Princess Diaries, (6th/7th grade) with a journal and cute pens.
14. For a boy how about Diary of a Wimpy Kid with a do -it -yourself journal.
15. Have fun with Clarice Beans Spells Trouble accompanied by a Scrabble Game.
16. Pair Phineas MacGuire...Erupts!, Phineas MacGuire ....Gets Slimed! with a science kit.
17. Pair The Crafty Diva's D.I.Y. Stylebook: A Girl's Guide to Cool Creations You Can Make, Show Off, and Share with a gift card to a local craft store, and maybe some shopping and crafting time together.
18. Match a book with the movie, i.e. Spider wick Chronicles.
19. Pair The Art Book for Children with watercolour paints or an art set.
20. Give Poetry Speak to Children with hot chocolate, a mug, and a gift certificate for time to read it together.
I hope that these Saturdays have been helpful for you and will inspire you to go out and purchase books to give to each and every family member and please give one to yourself too. Bookmark it now and go do it!
Read on and read always! Have an amazing weekend everyone.