Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 has arrived!!




Wishing everyone that visits Storywraps a wonderful new year.  May your dreams be fulfilled and you encounter many new adventures and books to read. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog.  I so appreciate it. Happy New Year!






Unwrapping some resolutions to make you smile...







Unwrapping a perfect kid's poem to enjoy...


Hooray! Hooray! It's New Year's Day!
The day we start anew.
So this year I've decided
to become a kangaroo.

Or maybe I will learn to fly,
or how to walk through walls,
or how to turn invisible,
or surf on waterfalls.

I'll make myself elastic
and I'll teach myself to shrink.
I'll turn into a liquid
and I'll pour me down the sink.

I'll visit other planets
and meet aliens galore.
I'll travel to the distant past
and ride a dinosaur.

I've got so many wondrous plans.
I'm starting right away.
Yes, this will be the best year yet.
Hooray! It's New Year's Day!
--Kenn Nesbitt





I am 52 years old and I was born on February 20, 1962 in Berkeley, California. I grew up in Fresno and San Diego, California.
I now live in a big old house in Spokane, Washington, with my wife Ann, our son Max, our daughter Madison, and our cat, Raki.

My Poetry

My first children’s poem — Scrawny Tawny Skinner — was written in 1994 after having dinner with a friend whose 4-year-old daughter did everything she could to get out of eating her dinner. Shortly after that, I wrote two more poems, My Foot Fell Asleep and Binkley. During 1995 and 1996, I wrote about three or four poems a year (including You Can Never Be Too Careful and A Meloncholy Tale, whenever the mood struck me.
In early 1997 I decided I would like to write an entire book of children’s poems. In 1998, I published my first collection of poetry, entitled My Foot Fell Asleep. I published a sequel called I’ve Seen My Kitchen Sink in 1999 and a third book, Sailing Off to Singapore, in 2000. The Aliens Have Landed at Our School! was published by Meadowbrook Press in 2001. My first collection of poems about school, When the Teacher Isn’t Looking: and Other Funny School Poems was published by Meadowbrook Press in 2005. I have since published many more books with a number of other publishers including ScholasticChronicle BooksNational Geographic Learning, and Sourcebooks Jabberwocky.
My poems have also appeared in magazines, school textbooks, and numerous anthologies of funny poetry, as well as on television, audio CDs and even restaurant placemats.
I have put together this web site to share some of my poems with kids around the world. I try to post a new poem every week for you to read and grade, so please check back regularly to read new, funny poetry.


Read on and read always!
        It's a wrap.

No comments: