Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Nanny and Me - a bookwrap



Forever in my Heart

Although I'm not their mother
I care for them each day,
I cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.


I see each new accomplishment,
I help them grow and learn.
I understand their language,
I listen with concern.


They come to me for comfort,
And I kiss away their tears.
They proudly show their work to me,
I give the loudest cheers!


No, I 'm not their mother,
But my role is just as strong.
I nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe not for long.


I know someday the time will come,
When we will have to part.
But I know each child I cared for,
Is forever in my heart!
~ Author unknown


Unwrapping...







Authored by Forence Ann Romano

Illustrated by Sydni Kruger



































Definition of a Child Care Provider 
Child Care Pro-vi-der (child'kรขr prรต vid'er)n. chef, baker, janitor, sock and shoe finder, coat buttoner, boot fitter, bottle washer, grocery shopper, diaper changer, protector, dish washer, nose wiper, vegetable pusher, floor sweeper, waiter, story teller, playground attendant, PE teacher, activity director, driver, zoo keeper, inspector, aerobics instructor, tutor, entertainer, therapist, manager, derby instructor, performer, bookkeeper, self-esteem builder, teacher, helper, well wisher, nurse, traffic controller, noise controller, life saver, thinker, problem solver, engineer, designer, counselor, safety instructor, arbitrator, creator, inventor, companion, musician, historian, technician, dietitian, athlete, beautician, fire marshall, analyst, artist, dentist, scientist, biologist, technologist, accountant, manicurist, receptionist, environmentalist, pharmacist, hygienist, speech therapist, reader, builder, informer, composer, supervisor, author, navigator, peacemaker, friend. . . . . . .
  ~ Author Unknown



This fine book with its wonderful illustrations is unique because it is written through the eyes of a child.  In some families mom stays home to look after the children and dad goes out into the work force.  In others, mom goes out to work and dad stays home to be the resident parent. But in many, many families, both mom and dad are employed outside of their home and they opt to leave their children in the capable hands of a trained and responsible nanny.  

Nanny then picks up where mom and dad leave off.  She steps into the child's world caring, feeding, playing, and nurturing those children as if the little ones were her very own.  She takes her job very seriously and realizes her worth to the family as a substitute parent.  Her heart bonds with the little ones and together they enjoy their day. When the exhausted parents both arrive back from their busy work day they have happy hearts knowing that their children had the best of care in the hands of a loving and trusted nanny. 

The illustrations are beautiful, detailed and the colour pallet is calming.  They document the day in the life of the nanny and her charges and they compliment the storyline perfectly.  If your child has a nanny or if your family is thinking of getting one this is the book to reinforce how rich and rewarding this reality can be. 


                                                                 







A dedicated philanthropist and former nanny, Florence Ann Romano has always kept a special place in her heart for children.

Born and raised just outside Chicago, Romano earned a degree in performance theatre at Bradley University in Peoria, Ill. She is the director of business development for RCGF LLC, a new family-owned company that runs the MajorOnions.com.

Romano started caring for kids before she was a teenager, and she shares those experiences in her first book for children and their parents. Mascot Books releases "Nanny and Me" on September 2, 2014.

A women with a charitable spirit, Romano spends time working with nonprofit organizations. Inspired by her younger brother, who is autistic and attends an adult program at Giant Steps Autism School, she is the founder and president of the Giant Steps Junior Board, which raises awareness about autism and supports the school in Lisle, IL
 










I am an artist and illustrator, twenty-five years old, sister to three brothers, living in the Phoenix area, AZ. I felt seriously drawn to the arts at the age of 14, when I began an apprenticeship with a local painter. There I learned traditional methods of large-scale oil painting and the dynamics of color, value, and shape. But most importantly, I learned how to see things. I later enrolled in the painting program at Arizona State University, class of 2010. I made many lasting connections, gained gallery experience, and tried to conquer as many traditional media skills as possible in 4 years.
After graduating, I ended up specializing in portraiture and encaustic painting, and continued to show in galleries and sell paintings. In 2013 I gave in to a love of storytelling and began researching artistic fields outside of my own fine arts communities. I am now also working freelance as a children's book illustrator and concept artist, and studying the art and history of animation.
I am always available for freelance work and love connecting with new people over common interests. 



Read on and read always!

It's a wrap.



Contact me at: storywrapsblog.gmail.com



No comments: