Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born - a bookwrap




Unwrapping some quotes...










Unwrapping...






Authored by Jamie Lee Curtis and Illustrated by Laura Cornell

Ages:  3-6

This is a heartwarming and sentimental book about adoption that combines wit with candor.  This precious little girl asks her mother: 

"Tell me again how you got on an airplane with my baby bag and flew to get me."  

"Tell me again how you carried me like a china doll all the way home and how you glared at anyone who sneezed." 

"Tell me again about the first bottle and how much I liked it."  

"Tell me again how you couldn't grow a baby in your tummy, so another woman who was too young to take care of me was growing me."


This book radiates love and reassurance to that wee questioning child. The whimsical, watercolour pictures are crammed with amusing visual aids that will delight both parent and child.   

This book affirms strong family love and addresses the feelings of an adoptee.  It gives the child a sense of security, explains to her her familial roots, and provides her with the pure pleasure of hearing once again her own personal life story.  This story will touch your heart as you experience not only how one child is born and chosen but also how a family is born.  

The story is both tender and fun and is a perfect way to start a conversation with a young child about the night she was born and your first days together bonding and connecting your hearts forever.  Reading this book will affirm to your child that she is very special indeed, she is truly loved and connects her to her history.  I love the book and highly recommend it. 




Jamie Lee Curtis is the author of eight best-selling children's books that address core childhood subjects and life lessons in a playful, accessible way. Jamie finds the inspiration for her writing all around her - in the experiences of her children, her godchildren, her friends - and of course in her own life. Her first book, When I Was Little, was sparked by her then-four-year-old daughter's boast that she was no longer "little." Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born, a celebration of adoption and the start of a new family, was inspired by the adoption of her own children. And as an author, of course Jamie loves big words and knows that words have power. Her latest book, Big Words for Little People, gives young children the knowledge and power of their own "big words." All of Jamie's best-selling picture books are illustrated by Laura Cornell: Big Words for Little People; Is There Really A Human Race?; It's Hard To Be Five: Learning How To Work My Control Panel; I'm Gonna Like Me: Letting Off A Little Self Esteem; Where Do Balloons Go? An Uplifting Mystery; Today I Feel Silly and Other Moods That Make My Day; Tell Me Again About The Night I Was Born; and When I Was Little: A Four-Year-Old's Memoir of Her Youth. Jamie is also well known as a film actress, with starring roles in such acclaimed films as Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Freaky Friday, True Lies, Trading Places and A Fish Called Wanda. Jamie is the mother of Annie and Thomas and is married to actor/director Christopher Guest. They live in California.




Laura Cornell lives in New York City with her daughter, Lily (first and only), but they spend much time in California, Laura's first state in her first home. She was asked to illustrate Jamie's first book, and that became ten. Lucky is the first word that comes to mind.



Read on and read always!

It's a wrap.

Contact me at:  storywrapsblog@gmail.com



No comments: